Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Canada ( British Columbia ) A fury here is about $15,500 CDN. for a 2011 I understand they are cheaper in the US. Does it make sence to buy in the US versus here in Canada. I think my waranty becomes void though. any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
It's a Honda (don't need a warranty and difinately don't need an extended warranty). Besides, Hondas warranty sucks anyways. I think it is only one year. Save more money and try to look for a used one. I think you can even find one for sale on the forum (under Furys for sale and Fury parts for sale).

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
First thing you will have to find out how much it will coast for import duty fees and tax. Ten add that to the price of the bike. As fare as the insurance it may still be covered but you may have to take it back to the states.

Some of us living out side the US just have to put up with paying a lot more for our bikes. I live in a country that every thing is cheep until you get to imported things like Bikes. I paid $ 22.000 for mine but the guys that buy the Harley are starting at $38.000.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I think I posted that. It was a Repost of Senor Gars work. But he moved his work to the other Forum.

PS, I found it for ya and PM'd it to ya. Great post by Senor Gar.

·
Registered
145 Posts
When I bought mine, I priced the bike in both Canada & the US (I'm a dual citizen currently living in Ontario)... It is significantly cheaper to buy stateside than in Canada... However, it is a pain in the [email protected]$ to do the paperwork & etc to get it in... I contacted a number of bike shops that I knew imported from the US... Ended up with a Honda dealer that did so & worked out a deal with them to bring in a bike from the US... Was able to negotiate an agreement for them to cover the warranty (should anything occur to the bike --- and it didn't) cause you're right that the US warranty is only valid in the US (note that you could take it to a US dealer and they'd honor the warranty... doesn't matter where you live vis-a-vis that, but it's somewhat of a moot point if you need the work done & can't get it to the US... hence the secondary warranty deal). When all was said and done, I saved over $2500... Which I promptly spent on mods (LOL!).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have spoken with Senor Gar and will no doubt call him for a chat regarding importing the bike. I'm also going to ask around as I know a few guys that bring in cars and boats from the US. Shouldn't be too different regarding a bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts