Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, tomorrow I plan on buying a new fury from a local dealer. I've been talking with three different dealers over the past week trying to get the best price on my trade and the new fury. I'm still not sold on which color yet. I wanted the 10 model matte silver one, but I can't find one locally. So it's between the orange or white one. I like both colors in person. So if anybody wants to give me their opinions on colors or anything else I need to know about buying the fury let me know. Also I'm looking for black exhaust for the fury besides the cobra. Any ideas? Thanks.

razorback

·
Registered
630 Posts
Grats on the new bike. Myself I would go white, but that's just me. No matter what color you go with you will be happy. And dont forget red, its the only color that was good enough to be brought back. Oh yes, reflectors, stickers, blah blah blah and lots of mods.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Contratz on your new purchase and welcome to the forum. I would with the matt orange one.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Whats your local? There is a Matte at Dreyer Honda here in Indy!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Depending on where your located, you should go in with the low ball attitude. Most dont have money right now, and sales are slow this time of year. If your in the colder climate you can definately wheel and deel, and dont be afraid to walk out should you not get what you want.

I have seen guys pick up their bikes up for 12k or so. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Something you will have to decide, but the white one already has alot of the parts blacked out, you can always paint it Like the 2010 Matte.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the quick responses, you guys are on top of it. I'm in the kansas city area. I would have had one a few weeks back, but I've had hell trading in one of my harleys at a honda shop for a decent price. Do you guys run a fueler with your aftermarket pipes? Like a PC3 or V&H fuel pak?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Get the orange one! For pipes, check out the pipes made by MFR on this site, he does good work. He is making me a set right now and I'll post pics when they get here and I get them on. Check out the FAQ section, there is a posts in there that answer alot of your questions.

Enjoy that new Fury and start putting money a side as the mods are addictive.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Thanks for the quick responses, you guys are on top of it. I'm in the kansas city area. I would have had one a few weeks back, but I've had hell trading in one of my harleys at a honda shop for a decent price. Do you guys run a fueler with your aftermarket pipes? Like a PC3 or V&H fuel pak?
Your having an issue similar to a guy who was selling his H.D. while i was buying my Fury. You pay out the nose for the name, but trade in really sucks on a H.D.

·
Registered
707 Posts
congrats and go with white & black and MFR custom pipes. MFR can make what you want at good price. Check him out on the forum:cool:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
CODE BLUE<<CODE BLUE sorry im partial to Blue,,lmao BEST COLOR and by Far the fastest Bike,,lmao Cheers congrats on your purchase,,welcome to the forum

·
Registered
675 Posts
I would still shop for the matte silver...even go way outta the way for it. The 2011 colors just blow. If you really gotta get a 2011.....go with the white....then blackout the rest of it. BTW.... I got my 2010 matte for $11k.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea I haven't found a 10 model matte one anywhere near here. I located one about 5 hours away, but they would not trade for a harley. Told me they can't sell em when they have em at a honda shop. I personally really like the white one. I've seen both it and the orange in person. I think the orange would have looked better with a black frame, but thats just me. Main reason i wanted the matte 10 model was I figured I could save some money on a left over one. Who do ya'll recommend for powder coating. I've got some parts here for the wife's bike that needs coating, and when I pick this one up I'm probably gone throw some bubs jugg huggers on it and have them powder coated.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I would probably lean towards the orange because there are not many around and it still gives you some color. White is a little to plain for my taste. Besides the obvious Police Bike look, it also reminds me of Penn State.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts