Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I FINALLY saw a Fury yesterday and what a disappointment.

It did not grab me in any way, I kept hoping it was the color (dull grey with black rims) but I don't think so. The front cylinder valve cover is such a large expense of plastic chrome and so visible it just looked wrong, the side case with the huge circle of chrome just looked so out of place. The air cleaner is awful. I can see having to polish instead of ride, I am not a fan of blacked out bikes and like chrome but this was way too much. The bike looks good but not great.

It sounded great (quiet but that is a easy fix), it fit me nicely, nice location for the grips, controls but the rear cylinder head/valve cover kept hitting my right knee, my knee just rubbed on it I would have to get used to keeping my leg out some, I figure after a few hundred miles my knee would be sore but I did very much like the seating position and feel of the bike. The handling was great, way better than I expected.

My dealer also did not like the bike, was talking about the test ride and he actually said as a joke "Dont go up the pass, the gas station at the top is closed, doubt you will have enough gas to get back" and this was with a full tank, we both know it can go 30 miles on a tank and laughed about it.

For me the clincher was the gas tank, it is ridiculously small and it looks so out of place and so wrong on that bike, nice shape to the tank but it makes the bike a local bar hopper and nothing else, it just looked bad on the bike. Too bad, I like the style of the tank but it just did not work for me, I don't see why they could not have kept the shape and added a gallon. I considered waiting to see a Red or Blue bike in case the dull grey was the reason but its just NOT the bike for me.

FJR1300 will be oiled/fueled up and ready to go after work, wish it could have been a Fury but its not a bike for me. I will stick my virtual nose in here every now and then but outta here.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Good luck with your choice. I can see where you're coming from, however, none of the issues you mentioned bothers me. Personally, I think it's a great bike, obviously, or else I wouldn't have bought it :D

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
I have not had any issues with my right knee bumping or rubbing, but I ride a bit relaxed with toes out out a tad. But I can see how riders who leg hug the bike would have the same issue you mentioned.

Too much chrome? Chrome is what most like in a custom bike, but I am lazy and will hate to polish it. So I feel ya on that to a degree.

I agree about the Fuel situation. I am not sure what Honda was thinking when they thought up a 3.4 gal tank on this bike. That's my main gripe so far with my Fury. A larger Fuel tank or Expanding the stock tank is high up on my Want List. I like the look of the stock, but it needs more capacity big time.

All valid complaints and observations.... good luck with your FJR, that's a fine bike. Be safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts