Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know this has been discussed. But, reviewing the past threads, most are talking about a Solo Seat.

I wanted to purchase the C&C Fastback seat. They don't want to sell it to me because of the 1.75" T-Mod. They said they never heard of the T-Mod!!! I thought that this was communicated to them already????

I have the factory sissy bar and want to keep it. Also want to avoid the 'bowing' of the fender if possible.

Can I make it work? ... AND How? :confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Yes, I know this has been discussed. But, reviewing the past threads, most are talking about a Solo Seat.

I wanted to purchase the C&C Fastback seat. They don't want to sell it to me because of the 1.75" T-Mod. They said they never heard of the T-Mod!!! I thought that this was communicated to them already????

I have the factory sissy bar and want to keep it. Also want to avoid the 'bowing' of the fender if possible.

Can I make it work? ... AND How? :confused::confused::confused:
yes the C&C fastback works w/o a bow as long as you add a 1/2" rubber spacer under the front fender mounting holes, TexasFury and a few other t-mods I have done have the fastbacks. looking for pics, will post when I find them

·
Registered
207 Posts
Get with Tony Fury. I believe he has the C&C Fastback seat, and factory sissy bar. I believe there was a gap issue where the back of the seat and sissy bar meet.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
The gap is barley the size of a cigarette, If I was in Indiana I have pics on my PC.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts

Heres a few Painter, if they dont really help let me know and i'll be glad to get some in the morning that are a lil closer.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I have more in Indiana, and on my cam but not a chance to upload newest ones

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Damn, you guys are good! :eek:

Need to know if I have to modify the seat at all in order to fit it on also. :cool:

Texas Fury... thanks! Is that the fastback or the touring seat? And how do you like it compared to stock?

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Painter mine is the sport tour and yes it is ALOT more comfortable than the stock seat!!:D I will be glad to get some better photo's tomorrow if you would like to see a closer look. The only mod is when you do the T-Mod is to put 1 inch rubber spacers in the front where it secures to the fender to take the bow out.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I have the fastback.. I resolved the issue by moving the rear seat bolt welded to the fender frame 1/4 inch forward.
Mikes fix is the simplest

I won't go into the C & C fastback thing. In all honesty, they shouldn't be selling it until they fix the seat mold to fit the stock sissy bar.
They have no ideal of the T-Mod, that aside you will be disappointed with the fastback seat they are making..

·
Registered
266 Posts
Have the C+C fastback with the T-mod done by MFR no real problems, no bowing of the fender or noticable gap between the seat and the fender Mikes got it figured out ;)

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Painter mine is the sport tour and yes it is ALOT more comfortable than the stock seat!!:D I will be glad to get some better photo's tomorrow if you would like to see a closer look. The only mod is when you do the T-Mod is to put 1/2" inch rubber spacers in the front where it secures to the fender to take the bow out.
slight mod to the size of the spacer above

·
Registered
204 Posts
yes u can make it work i took my seat apart cut the fiberglass out on the sides to give it more flex put the leather back down with glue works just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the fastback.. I resolved the issue by moving the rear seat bolt welded to the fender frame 1/4 inch forward.
Mikes fix is the simplest

I won't go into the C & C fastback thing. In all honesty, they shouldn't be selling it until they fix the seat mold to fit the stock sissy bar.
They have no ideal of the T-Mod, that aside you will be disappointed with the fastback seat they are making..
Does sound like MFR's spacer idea is an easy fix. Tony, what problem did you have with the fastback and the sissy bar???? :confused:

I really need the pad (not for passenger but for bag I carry) and thought the Tour seat looked a little 'old fashioned' for this bike. (No offense to those who have the tour seat) and I want to cover up the sissy bar fasteners.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Sorry Painter i got real busy yesterday and forgot about the pics, i'll get some some here in awhile so you can see for yourself.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Contacted C&C. They REFUSE to make me a fastback seat!:eek:

Actually, they were real 'crappy' about it. I wanted Red Flames and asked for a price and then the whole 'T-Mod' conversation started! :(

They responded in the following e-mail:

Hello,
Can you do Fiberglass & Upholstery work, it won't fit, and we don't really want to build one when we know it won't work.

So, I guess they don't want to sell me one even though I told them that the Forum members had fixed the problem with a simply modification. THAT SUCKS as I was really looking forward to a comfortable seat! :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I've said it before bad reputation travels fast via the internet ! We all just need to use a new Vender for seats and pass the word of there customer skills....:cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts