Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the bank yesterday doing some business, of course riding Furyously Blue. Not really thinking about anything but the blue sky and my new ride. I get home, and a call comes through with caller ID of xxxx Bank.

So I'm thinking what the crap did I do. Let my bike distract me and leave my wallet or something? I answer and the guy says "Sorry to bother you at home, but I just saw you leave the parking lot of the bank. I'm thinking about getting a new bike and want to know what you were riding."

This guy was impressed enough to go to the teller that helped me, pull up my personal info to ask me about my bike. Pretty dang funny. I was not sure whether to laugh or be upset over the personal use of info.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I was in the bank yesterday doing some business, of course riding Furyously Blue. Not really thinking about anything but the blue sky and my new ride. I get home, and a call comes through with caller ID of xxxx Bank.

So I'm thinking what the crap did I do. Let my bike distract me and leave my wallet or something? I answer and the guy says "Sorry to bother you at home, but I just saw you leave the parking lot of the bank. I'm thinking about getting a new bike and want to know what you were riding."

This guy was impressed enough to go to the teller that helped me, pull up my personal info to ask me about my bike. Pretty dang funny. I was not sure whether to laugh or be upset over the personal use of info.
Meh, think this is the one time to take this as a compliment and roll with it... different story though... :cool:

·
Registered
2,389 Posts

I have had people track me down at work (both jobs) to ask me about it. I take it as a compliment, but also think in the back of my head that im at work leave me alone and if your interested test ride one and do some reading on it from a site that doesnt heavily support other brands.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I pulled into AutoZone day before yesterday, and parked my bike next to the door. I hate parking in parking lots, because of the retards who don't give a shit about thier car, and open the door without ever looking at what they are banging into. Anyway, I go in to buy two bungee cords, go get them, and when I get back, the two cashier guys are oogeling out the window at the bike. One finally see's me, and comes to ring me up, and asks if its my bike. I said "Yeah". He then says, "Awesome bike, Did you have it custom made ?" I said "Nope, its a Honda" , The kid was like NO WAY!.

Im a firm believer, that most people don't know about them. Hell, I was gonna by a yammy raider, until I stumbeled across an article comparing them to the Fury. I was like "Whats a Fury" ? I fell in love the second I saw it. Bought one a week later.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Isnt anyone else bothered by the fact that the bank gave out this guys personal info to another customer?:eek:

I would have been flipppin pissed!
Yes and no, the call came from a bank line since it came up ....bank on call ID, so they didnt just give the phone number away. But they bank shouldnt have pulled his info on request of another customer

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Yes and no, the call came from a bank line since it came up ....bank on call ID, so they didnt just give the phone number away. But they bank shouldnt have pulled his info on request of another customer
Ok ... so John Doe goes into his local bank, and deposits some money. The teller who is nice smiles and says " Thanks, and have a nice day " Minutes later John gets a phone call ... " Mr. Doe, would you mind telling me what kind of motorcycle that is that you rode out of our lot? "

Now if im Mr. Doe .. i would have pitched a fit for the phone call, and then proceeded to ride the bike back down to the bank and had a nice little sit down with the branch manager. I would think that there are some privacy laws broken here. I would think that my info would be kept under the strictest of terms, espcially with a bank!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
They probably pulled it up, called him and handed it to the customer or other employee... Seriously, most of you guy's could probably get my number if you really tried...

don't f'ing call me on this challenge tho as I will hang up on you, then trace the call, then send out the mafia to kill you... :cool:

Just saying... :D

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Google your name with your city and state and it will show your address and home number.
If they would drop some money into my account, would that be a privacy issue then? LOL

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sounded to me like it was someone who worked at the bank, if it was not then I would be mad as hell!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
He gave him his number only, calm down man... No reason to blow this outta proportion

Take it as a compliment bro, thats badass
I guess until you have been a victim of credit card theft you cant stand in my shoes.

Yes, i know you can access peoples info on the net. Thats why i have seperate bank accounts for internet use via PayPal and the like. The monies alloted here are minimal. My big accounts arent given out readily. I would think that where i store my money, they would respect my information and not use it in this manor.

Course, yall that live outside the big cities tend to be a little more relaxed in your ways anyway. So, care to post any of your important info here. My cousin would like to purchase a new big screen TV with you paying for it.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
They probably pulled it up, called him and handed it to the customer or other employee... Seriously, most of you guy's could probably get my number if you really tried...

don't f'ing call me on this challenge tho as I will hang up on you, then trace the call, then send out the mafia to kill you... :cool:

Just saying... :D
when i get really old. i'm going to do just that.
old guys just don't give a sh** about the Mafia--by then we love a challenge that doesn't involve going to the can every hour.

Oh, and all you guys hassling CB--what the bank did is unethical.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey im not trying to hassel CB and yeah maybe what the bank did is 'unethical' in our eyes but in a way a phone number is no big deal, especially if it was someone that worked at the bank. If it was a customer, it was more than likely a friend of the guy that got the number.

I understand their are crooks and what not out there ut thats why you carry protection. People have gotten ahold of my credit card as well and maxxed them out (im young so had like a $700 limit haha) but regardless i didnt have to pay any charges that looked different than my normal buying behavior b/c i had theft protection on it.

I understand where some people might think this is the end of the world nd would be pissed if someone gave their number out, but maybe its just ecause im from a younger generation but i just dont see the big deal in it! Just IMHO

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Isnt anyone else bothered by the fact that the bank gave out this guys personal info to another customer?:eek:

I would have been flipppin pissed!
Wasn't a customer. It was a bank employee. Just really funny that he went to that extent to find out the bike make/model. Never happened on my Shadow, even with a couple grand in 24kt gold plating.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Wasn't a customer. It was a bank employee. Just really funny that he went to that extent to find out the bike make/model. Never happened on my Shadow, even with a couple grand in 24kt gold plating.
Maybe i did jump off the deep end a little bit, but i still dont like that anyone used your most private of info with out you giving the nod that it was cool. Going back to your intial post, looking on the other side of the coin, i guess that would be flattering if a random person called you and asked you about your bike. I too love the attention, the head nods, and the thumbs up that i get with Big Blue. Just no personal phones calls please, it will upset the GF greatly.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Hey im not trying to hassel CB and yeah maybe what the bank did is 'unethical' in our eyes but in a way a phone number is no big deal, especially if it was someone that worked at the bank. If it was a customer, it was more than likely a friend of the guy that got the number.

I understand their are crooks and what not out there ut thats why you carry protection. People have gotten ahold of my credit card as well and maxxed them out (im young so had like a $700 limit haha) but regardless i didnt have to pay any charges that looked different than my normal buying behavior b/c i had theft protection on it.

I understand where some people might think this is the end of the world nd would be pissed if someone gave their number out, but maybe its just ecause im from a younger generation but i just dont see the big deal in it! Just IMHO
good. you get it. it--is--unethical.

not an age thing, dude. careful when you invoke the 'age' thing.it makes you sound careless. and, i'm sure you're not.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts