Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clueless;

Are the cams in the 1300-C physically the same (inter-changeable) with the ones in the Fury? Are the cam timings the same? If they are different, please post the 1300-C timings.

Thanks,
Bar

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
The cams have the same p/ns the VTX is timed 4.1 BTDC, the Fury is (rear #1) 5 BTDC and (front #2) 13 BTDC.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cams have the same p/ns the VTX is timed 4.1 BTDC, the Fury is (rear #1) 5 BTDC and (front #2) 13 BTDC.
That's REALLY curious, Clueless; my shop manual specs the intake's as opening 0º BTDC, and closing 50º ABDC. Where is the discrepancy???

P.S. That's about the same timing as my lawnmower! LOL.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Same part #'s for VT1300CA & VTX1300 :).

For the VT1300CX/CXA:

Valve Timing @ 1 mm lift:
Intake opens: 0° BTDC
closes: 50° ABDC
Exhaust opens: front 46° BBDC & rear 54° BBDC
closes: front 4° ATDC & rear 4° BTDC

TDC Sequence: 308° >>> 412° >>> 308° >>> 412° ...

Don't know the timing on the VTX :(
The VTX is THE SAME, the ignition timing is different as noted. (FYI the C,R,and S are all the same):rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The VTX is THE SAME, the ignition timing is different as noted. (FYI the C,R,and S are all the same):rolleyes:
Thank you, Clueless, for looking up all this shit; I know you must have better things to do with your time.

I was hoping to discover the El Dorado; a simple cam swap to one with a little sweeter "pitch", if you would; it's happened in the past with some of the other like-engined Honda models. Sounds like no luck this time. Time for a "heel-grind". LOL

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
I think they simply wanted a smoother running engine with more gas mileage, since they knew it wouldn't be going over 100 mph, guess that was the trade off less power, higher mileage. In the case of my bikes, the Fury is alot smoother, has less vibration, then the X

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think they simply wanted a smoother running engine with more gas mileage, since they knew it wouldn't be going over 100 mph, guess that was the trade off less power, higher mileage. In the case of my bikes, the Fury is alot smoother, has less vibration, then the X
I think you're probably right, on all points, Clueless, but I'm still willing to explore some possibilities for fattening up the mid-range; 0-by-50! My lawnmower has better cam timing than that and it too is a Honda! Some symmetrical 30-by-60's would be nice, but I'd settle for 20-by-50's! LOL.

There's Quick and there's Fast; the Fury'll never be Fast, even without the speed-limiting chip, but the QUICK part is potentially negotiable, within reasonable limits, of course. As you know, QUICK and FAST have always been measured in cubic dollars and you CAN have one without the other; the operable question has always been, "How thick is your wallet". LOL

And, who gives a shit about mileage? I ain't headin' for the other coast, and gas is quite cheap, relatively speaking; this is all about eating Harleys, and doing that with in-your-face style! Again, LOL.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I saw the title of this thread I knew right away who wrote it; it had to be either Bar or Gar

Clueless has posted ignition timing and maybe if we are real nice he will look up specs for the VTX ignition and cam timing
Ya, and you immediately knew where I was heading to with it, didn't you? Sneaky old curmudgeon................LOL.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
could the diff in timing have anything to do with fuel delivery?carb verses fi?

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
The timming is controled by the ECM you can do a little with the chains but in the end it will take a cal pack or a reprogramed ECM . but I agree a good lick with those viper X pipes would be sooo SWEET .

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The timming is controled by the ECM you can do a little with the chains but in the end it will take a cal pack or a reprogramed ECM . but I agree a good lick with those viper X pipes would be sooo SWEET .
WTF is a "cal pack", David??? Please enlighten an old codger.

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
iT WILL GO JUST OVER 100MPH. JUST NOT MUCH. TALKED WITH A FEW PWOPLW AT HONDA CORP AND DID COMPLAIN THAT I GOT TOP ENDED BY A SILVERWING SCOOTER!

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
crap i got topended by what looked like a 500 magna.didnt bother me,i looked better than she did.lol

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
iT WILL GO JUST OVER 100MPH. JUST NOT MUCH. TALKED WITH A FEW PWOPLW AT HONDA CORP AND DID COMPLAIN THAT I GOT TOP ENDED BY A SILVERWING SCOOTER!
During the summer my experiance @ top end . 90 mph and above bike not that stable , but thats why I cruise mostly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts