Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Fury
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about buying these, they were made for fury. 10 inch rise. I heard you can re use stock cables if re routed. Can anyone help verify this? Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just fitted those exact bars this weekend! You can reuse the throttle cables (both of them), the brake line and the wiring, but you'll need a longer clutch cable. All the cables are easily rerouted, but you will need to disconnect the brake line from the master cylinder when you do that one - just means you have to bleed the brakes. Don't forget to buy risers. It was a straight forward job, the whole thing start to finish took about two days in the garage. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
04 Apr 21.jpg
IMG_20210406_111046.jpg

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just fitted those exact bars this weekend! You can reuse the throttle cables (both of them), the brake line and the wiring, but you'll need a longer clutch cable. All the cables are easily rerouted, but you will need to disconnect the brake line from the master cylinder when you do that one - just means you have to bleed the brakes. Don't forget to buy risers. It was a straight forward job, the whole thing start to finish took about two days in the garage. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
View attachment 239635 View attachment 239636
Looking PRETTY!

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
285 Posts
BADASS is more like it.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
2018 Honda Fury
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
View attachment 239635 View attachment 239636
Can you share the risers you bought and where you bought the clutch cable? Looks freaking sweet!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can you share the risers you bought and where you bought the clutch cable? Looks freaking sweet!

Thanks - here you go. I bought the complete cable kit from Mean Cycles to fit, but in the end I only needed the Clutch Cable. They probably do that on it's own.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Fury
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nic
View attachment 239639

Thanks - here you go. I bought the complete cable kit from Mean Cycles to fit, but in the end I only needed the Clutch Cable. They probably do that on it's own.
So was that gloss black for everything? What did you end up dropping for everything! Like $800?

·
Registered
2018 Honda Fury
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe 3 inches, max.
Sweet. Sucks they don't give you the risers and everything with the bars. I'll be getting all these and def hit you up for any quick pointers if needed.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Fury
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So they have stock plus 2 inches or 4 inches. Safe with 2? Or go with the 4?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts