Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys just got done with a long talk with my vtx guru......... were are going to attempt taking the carb setup from a 2008 vtx 1300 and do away with the fuel injection on the bike, and change up a little wiring so that i can use the brain on a older 1300 and do away with our limit havoc pus of a top end .... i love our bikes but damn it why should my buddies 06 1300 fly at 140 and im stuck at 109 .... and before u chime in to hate i don't want to ride 120 every where i go its the point that our shit is set up to have a limit its just not right we should not be set on such strickt requirements so i am taking it to the next level to achieve 125 mph that's the goal to hit it once......the sad thing is (ricky) his bike is super fast and gets there so quick you guys its almost scary so wish me luck and i'm looking for everything i will need this weekend when so we can get it all installed and working im gonna have it dyno'd and i will post every last page of what i get back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
ok guys just got done with a long talk with my vtx guru......... were are going to attempt taking the carb setup from a 2008 vtx 1300 and do away with the fuel injection on the bike, and change up a little wiring so that i can use the brain on a older 1300 and do away with our limit havoc pus of a top end .... i love our bikes but damn it why should my buddies 06 1300 fly at 140 and im stuck at 109 .... and before u chime in to hate i don't want to ride 120 every where i go its the point that our shit is set up to have a limit its just not right we should not be set on such strickt requirements so i am taking it to the next level to achieve 125 mph that's the goal to hit it once......the sad thing is (ricky) his bike is super fast and gets there so quick you guys its almost scary so wish me luck and i'm looking for everything i will need this weekend when so we can get it all installed and working im gonna have it dyno'd and i will post every last page of what i get back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the speedo healer fixes it, but you gotta check with the other guys that have tried that. Carbs you are backdating to where it makes it worse than it should be for performance, but makes it easier for a typical wrench turner to work on

·
Banned
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i know what ricky's does and it walks all over my a$$ so as for performing it will be 100 times better....i dont mind turning a wrench every now and then to have a motor that can give me what i want....the rom re write that i have done helped but it still has its limits and all he did was confuse the comp a had my guy re write it but its still not what i want so i am carbing it gearing it and 125 here i come .........

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Good luck with it, Sick. I'll be interested in the results...........gotta say though, the carb is the reason I got rid of my VTX1300 and went with the Fury. The 1800 is FI and I never found the limit on mine. :D

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
ExRed they Dynojet PC-V has a cold start timer you can set to enrichen the mix making it easier to start, might be something to look into.

Sick I think you should look at gearing differences between the two bikes. I forget who it was but i remember someone calculating the top speed with the rev limiter and it was like 112 mph. Im anti carb unless i have no way to tune the FMU, typically you lose efficiency and are more prone to cold start issues

·
Banned
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we r gonna build this to the specs of a 08 ....the gears ,the brain , the carb..... as for cold starts you really have to look at where i live guys im in central/southern mississippi so its not gonna be a big issue.. this mod may not be for everyone , and in a year or two when performance company's find there way around our bikes i may go back to fi but as for now im gonna try it ,

im all about trying new things, im gonna let the changes speak for them self:D:D

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
we r gonna build this to the specs of a 08 ....the gears ,the brain , the carb.....im all about trying new things, im gonna let the changes speak for them self
Talk's cheap and the road to ruin is paved with the best of intentions; get back to us when you've got something concrete to offer. Report results; everything else is just brain-chatter and noise.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Now I understand.
cur·mudg·eon (k
r-m
j
n) n. An ill-tempered person full of resentment and stubborn notions.

[Origin unknown.]
cur·mudg
eon·ly
adj.
cur·mudg
eon·ry
n.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
curmudgeonly adj

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
Noun1.curmudgeon - a crusty irascible cantankerous old person full of stubborn ideas golden ager, old person, oldster, senior citizen - an elderly person
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
curmudgeon noun grump (informal), bear, grumbler, grouser, malcontent, grouch (informal), sourpuss (informal), churl, crosspatch (informal) a terrible old curmudgeon
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002

·
Banned
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there will always be one a$$hole....... but bar really dont care what u think...everything i have done and said ill do is posted with how i did it and the pics to prove it just like this next mod will be so you can shove your response straight up your tailpipe ....good buddy:D

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
the only way to do something is to jump in with both feet.giterdone.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
.....everything i have done and said ill do is posted with how i did it and the pics to prove it just like this next mod will be
Good. Then I'll/we'll anxiously and enthusiastically await the posted outcome of your efforts, along with the supporting documentation. Good luck.

Cheers

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Now I understand.
cur·mudg·eon (k
r-m
j
n) n. An ill-tempered person full of resentment and stubborn notions.

[Origin unknown.]
cur·mudg
eon·ly
adj.
cur·mudg
eon·ry
n.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
curmudgeonly adj

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
Noun1.curmudgeon - a crusty irascible cantankerous old person full of stubborn ideas golden ager, old person, oldster, senior citizen - an elderly person
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
curmudgeon noun grump (informal), bear, grumbler, grouser, malcontent, grouch (informal), sourpuss (informal), churl, crosspatch (informal) a terrible old curmudgeon
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002
HAHAHA ROFLMFAO! That's awesome. You guys are priceless.

·
Registered
710 Posts
What am I missing here?

I was always under the assumption that injecting the fuel directly into the combustion chamber and sucking in the air to mix with it, was the best way to make power and get decent mileage. The amount of air being drawn into the cylinders will not change (everything else being equal), the only thing you can change is the amount of atomized fuel being pulled (sucked) in. If you're looking for more fuel, way not change the injectors to a larger size?

I'm not being critical, just need to understand the logic.

(Unless you're looking for the 'ram' event, kinda' like the old Dodge Ram Series with long intake tubes)???

I'm all ears......

·
Banned
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey jimmy.....im changing it to carb and putting on the 08 brain box so that i can do away with our computer system all together that way the bike has no limits on speed or anything ... its a cheap easy fix allowing the fury to be as fast as my buddies 08 vtx ......he can cruz around at 140 his fuel milage isnt much worse than ours maybe a mpg or 2 from mine.....im just sick of the limits my bike has even after having the computer maps rewrote its just not what i want ..... so in whole i am backdating the motor slightly for carb and changing the gears so that i can get the bike to 125 and it ride just as good there as it would say at 60......once this is all said and done with here is what ill have done to the 1300 vtx motor our fury's have.... i have already had some top end work done but will be putting in a cam having it bored a couple of tenths over running a carb and 08 brain box putting in a 6 speed conversion kit in tranny and then run a power commander for the new set up ... with what we have compiled this should put me somewhere between 77 to 81 hp (rough number) give me a speed limit between 130 to 150 pending on what my nerves or dyno is willing to handle , ill be able to have longer between shifts and the 6th gear should help relieve some stress on the motor and after we adjust every thing my rpm's should spare the stress its under now at higher speeds..... i told u guys after dealing with the harley dealer on that rocker i am gonna make this fury kick the a$$ of any rocker i come up on form , function and looks....

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
.......running a carb and 08 brain box putting in a 6 speed conversion kit in tranny and then run a power commander for the new set up ...
If you're "running a carb", then what purpose will the Power Commander serve?

Cheers

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sick

Okay......I'm grasping what the end result you want will be.

Looking forward to hearing how it all turns out.

Good Luck My Friend.;););)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts