Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a new set of new webber 48 ida downdraft carburetors in the storage from an old karman ghia project that never got completely done so I had a buddy make up some intakes for the harley guys to make.some extra cash .but after thinking about it I decided I will be attempting to do a carb CONVERSION on my fury it should be pretty bad ass once done I'll post picturs

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I can't see how going backwards will improve your bike. I had triple 45mm side draft webbers on a Australian 265 cu in Hemi six. Sure it went like stink but keeping that thing in tune was a real nightmare, even more so when you consider the engine came from the factory with them. Still it looked awesome when you opened the bonnet (hood).

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Balancing carbs is an art form, one that many people don't understand.

Reactions: macxpert

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Balancing carbs is an art form, one that many people don't understand.
Yep, my doctor is on my ass all the time about my diet. No rice, no pasta or no bread. He keeps telling me to leave those carbs alone.... Oh, my bad, wrong forum :oops:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Had twin SU carbs on my '67 Austin Healey 3000...Soon after getting it, I took it to a garage mechanic who owned a Healey in the past to get the carbs tuned. $125 back in '75. He told me I'd be bringing it back often or pick up a Uni-Syn vacuum gauge ($16 at the time) like he used and do it myself. That was easy math. Even showed me the procedure. Cool old man. I checked them at least once a month after that.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
As others have mentioned, what's the POINT of doing this?

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
I'm a big fan of huge, fat Quadrojets on my older muscles. Takes a bit to dial in, but it's set FOREVER once it's there, never had to fiddle with it much beyond that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts