Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah, I hear you. Some kind of rigid mount would be nice for sure. The whole Bikersfriend concept seems to be based on using bungees or tie down straps to hold it in place so that you don't have to make any mods to the bike (and they don't have to try and design and make a thousand different mounting plates).. It's low tech and not 'finished' looking, but it does work...

·
Registered
35 Posts
yep, that's pretty much my statement that "I don't ride a motorcycle to try and pretend to be a hard ass". Got the inspiration from a picture of Jimi Hendrix on a be-flowered springer from the cover of 'South Saturn Delta'... mmph.. badness (the good kind !)..

lose the flower... Hendrix is the man... but, lose the flower:eek:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cargo

Hey all,
Why do we always need to carry cargo?:confused: Do we need a van or a bike?:cool: Well I solved this problem I invested in cargo pants!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
158 Posts
It is what it is a chopper that is why I have three!! The Ultra Classic and the CBR1100XX both equiped to take trips and long rides. The Fury will stay close to home the Ultra will be used as a pack horse.
Hmmm.... let's see:

Fury.. yes
CBR1100XX.. yes
Harley.. yes

Well, I'd say that we probably have similar ideas about motorcycles. Except for the flowers probably.. Sorry guys, but the flowers are staying.. I've just gotta be me :)

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've been using a medium sized bikersfriend on another bike and have 'shared' it on my Fury. I have it bungeed to the Honda accessory low backrest. It doesn't 'reach' far enough to act as a backrest without some help (in the form of a foam block against the sissy). I'll probably get some blue or black dense foam and make a long backrest that I can velcro to the bikersfriend, then I'll be all set. The bikersfriend goes on and off in about a minute so it doesn't permanently 'ruin' the chopper look :).
would the large bag be a better fit with the sissy bar. I've ordered a sissy bar but waiting on to come in. i was waiting on it to take measurement for which bag to order but i have a out of town ride comming up in 2 weeks so i need get one ordered if u can help me with the size
thanks in advance

·
Registered
158 Posts
IMHO, I see that the large size adds about 2 more inches to the diameter. This is about how much I had to 'push out' the medium bag from the back rest so that the back pad roll *just* becomes usable as a backrest (for me anyway, but I have a short inseam 30", YMMV).
One thing I should note is that because the Honda back rest is so small, I'm using the bungees that came with the bag and I've supplemented them with a pair of hardware store bungees (in matching BLUE, of course) one end hooked to the backward facing back of the backrest (huh ?) and the other end hooked on to the seat strap, thus holding the bag 'down'...

The bigger bag will look stranger than the medium bag already does, but what the heck, I can carry luggage and groceries on the bike with it :)

Biker's Friend-Motorcycle Saddle Bag Sizes-Motorcycle Luggage

would the large bag be a better fit with the sissy bar. I've ordered a sissy bar but waiting on to come in. i was waiting on it to take measurement for which bag to order but i have a out of town ride comming up in 2 weeks so i need get one ordered if u can help me with the size
thanks in advance

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.