Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Storage Wars’ Star Barry Weiss Sent to ICU After Crash

Storage Wars star Barry Weiss is in the intensive care unit after a motorcycle crash at around 2:30 p.m. on April 24in Los Feliz, California while he was riding with a friend; both of their motorcycles ran into the back of a car that was pulling out of a parking space.

According to People magazine, his friend issued a statement on Instagram, saying "not a good day at the office, a serious crash today with my friend Barry Weiss when a car pulled out directly in front of us and took our road away."

"I got lucky, only a broken knee, elbow and wrist, Barry is much worse and has serious chest and leg trauma,” he said, adding, "Please send your [prayers] to Barry." Weiss reportedly suffered broken bones and internal injuries.

Drugs and alcohol do not appear to be a factor in the accident.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
George Clooney Speeds, Crashes, Looses His Balls

Clooney, 58, was riding a scooter at a claimed 70 MPH = 113 KPH on the Italian island of Sardinia when a car unexpectedly pulled in front of him to make a turn. The ensuing collision sent Clooney flying roughly 20 feet in the air and required a visit to a hospital in Olbia.

Clooney said, “I split my helmet in half, it knocked me out of my shoes.... It hit hard. It was bad, I was just waiting for the switch to turn off. I broke his windshield with my head. And I thought, ‘OK, well, that’s my neck.’” Despite Clooney's dramatic story, he was released from the hospital very shortly after being admitted, as his injuries were minor. He revealed that the accident didn't even stall production on his new series and that he returned to work just four days after the near-fatal crash. The car and scooter also looked to be in good shape given the story Clooney had relayed.

Producer Grant Heslov said, “He was behind me and we came up over a hill and I see a guy who I thought was going to turn, locked eyes and then he went,” Heslov said. “He just missed me and I heard this ka-boom. I thought, ‘Oh my God. George is dead.''' I was holding him and I said to myself, ‘If he lives, I’ll never ride a motorcycle again.'”

Clooney admitted in the interview that his wife Amal has forbidden him from riding a motorcycle ever again. "It was one of those conversations coming back from the hospital and she said, 'That's it.' And I was sort of thinking, 'Maybe I could still get away with it.' And then my buddy, who was in the accident with me, Grant [Heslov], said, 'Yeah, I'm off,’” said Clooney. “There was nothing I could do, I was ganged up on,” he added jokingly. It was that point in time when the world realized scooter-boy George's balls were in a jar, on the mantle, in full possession of his wife.

(Video of the crash)

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts