Honda Fury Forums: banner

Where would you like to hold a Meet & Greet?

• Crackle Barrel, one mile north of I-4 on US27 Exit 55

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Hooters @ I-4 and US98 Lakeland Exit 32

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Hooters @ Fl 535 in Kissimmee Exit 68

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Cracker Barrel I-4 and US192 Kissimmee Exit 64A

Votes: 2 16.7%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Florida Fury Meet & Greet planning

Continuing this conversation here so more people can see/find it. Once we've ironed out a location we'll then focus on scheduling a date and time... Appreciate it guys!

STPete
Hey -try and get something set up for a Saturday or Sunday where all of us in the area can meet up for lunch or something , before it starts to get too hot or we hit the rainy season , maybe you can set up the meet some where in the middle so that we can get a good turn-out and if possible take a picture of all the bikes to post it
Let Me Know if I can help
Peteru :D
Good idea, Peteru. Celebration (near Disney) or Lakeland Hooters might be within driving distance of many Central Florida Fury riders. :cool:
either location sounds good to me , lets see if we can get some of the local Fury owners on board , then we can set a time and see which location will suite the majority , another possible location can be I-4 and 27 for those coming from the East Coast :)

I am all for this idea and will help in anyway I can... I'm posting a poll on a few places we can meet in a central location for everyone that would like to attend... Please post your thoughts and ideas so we can make this happen..

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
All good choices. My vote is in.
thanks,

StPete should jump in here soon and get his in... I talked to **** earlier on the phone and he was good with anywhere in central Florida so I figured all those locations were fairly central for everyone. Of course suggestions are always welcome...

Jess

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm less concerned about the "where" than the "when."

I'll try to get BK Kid (Stan) and BigJMain (Josh) to wake up from their long absence from this forum and chime in on their interests in this idea, as well.
I somewhat agree, however I feel (correct me if I'm looking at this wrong) we need a place that everyone agrees on first.... If nobody can agree on a location then time is irrelevant.

You figure most people are off on the weekends so a Saturday or Sunday will be our best bet, we just need to determine which one.

I've also been trying to find an "All-in-one" listing of the Florida bike events so our date doesn't fall on another event going on but I am not finding anything online.

I also tried to use the search feature on here to list all the Florida owners...I was gonna pm all of the ones here in central Florida and pass on this thread however I couldn't get it to work and show me anyone so back to square one on that idea.

We also have two shopping plaza's here in Lake Wales that are pretty much vacant...if we can get enough people together we could use one of these plaza parking lots to meet in... The local Sport bike guys meet there pretty much every Friday night...about 75-100 bikes out there every time.

:D

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I somewhat agree, however I feel (correct me if I'm looking at this wrong) we need a place that everyone agrees on first.... If nobody can agree on a location then time is irrelevant.

You figure most people are off on the weekends so a Saturday or Sunday will be our best bet, we just need to determine which one.

I've also been trying to find an "All-in-one" listing of the Florida bike events so our date doesn't fall on another event going on but I am not finding anything online.

I also tried to use the search feature on here to list all the Florida owners...I was gonna pm all of the ones here in central Florida and pass on this thread however I couldn't get it to work and show me anyone so back to square one on that idea.

We also have two shopping plaza's here in Lake Wales that are pretty much vacant...if we can get enough people together we could use one of these plaza parking lots to meet in... The local Sport bike guys meet there pretty much every Friday night...about 75-100 bikes out there every time.

:D
Couple of things ...

* If you are going to call it a Central Florida ride, you may alienate some of us on the West coast not that far from Central Florida. And, in that vein, those of us from the West coast may not know one joint from the other. Can you provide physical addresses so I can determine the distance and route I'd have to take from Tampa?

* Here's a great all-in-one Florida Bike Event list:
 Slick's Scooter Schedule, FL Motorcycle Events, Poker Runs, Rallies, Bike Nights, Swap Meets

* With this nice weather, I'm getting more and more out-of-town company who I am hosting. So, my weekends could be rare for this. That is why I'm more concerned about the "when."

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Couple of things ...

* If you are going to call it a Central Florida ride, you may alienate some of us on the West coast not that far from Central Florida. And, in that vein, those of us from the West coast may not know one joint from the other. Can you provide physical addresses so I can determine the distance and route I'd have to take from Tampa?

* Here's a great all-in-one Florida Bike Event list:
*Slick's Scooter Schedule, FL Motorcycle Events, Poker Runs, Rallies, Bike Nights, Swap Meets

* With this nice weather, I'm getting more and more out-of-town company who I am hosting. So, my weekends could be rare for this. That is why I'm more concerned about the "when."
1. :rolleyes: StPete, North to South, you are in the Central section of Florida... "Central" just designates this as people from the Central part of the state... Lets not make this anymore difficult then it already is, Geeezzz!
The whole state of Florida is only 138 miles wide from St. Pete to Daytona, so it's not that far for anyone west coast or east coast to ride it...

2. All of the restaurant locations, including exit #'s are listed in the poll... but I do know this...From I-75 and I-4 to Lakeland Hooters is 34 miles. I used to drive it everyday.
From I-75 and I-4 to SR27 is 41 miles. The rest you'll have to google as I have not made those exact trips before.

Once we all agree on a restaurant I'll post it's exact physical address... You can google your leaving address and the exit number and it will map/route it.

3. Thank you for the bike event list!

4. As for the weather, Sorry to hear that.... When Florida gets hot all my Out-Of-Town company go north and don't wanna be here so we rarely have to deal with people during the hot summer months. They all wanna come visit in the winter and get out of the snow.

The Majority of people are Off work on the weekends so that is the best time to plan something like this. We could do it during a weekday night but I don't like the additional risk nighttime riding poses, not to mention people having to work the next day... I feel Saturday or Sunday are best but that's what this thread is for.... IDEA'S, THOUGHTS, SUGGESTIONS :D

Unfortunately no matter how/when we plan it, we'll never be able to meet everybody's ideal location or time... We gotta go by what the majority wants.

Now we just need a majority lol

Have a nice night,
Jess

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
a weekend is best for most, i agree.
the Easter holy week is coming up, so you may want to consider holding this AFTER Easter.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My Votes in , come one-come all ,
North ,South , East ,West and Central Florida
From Jacksonville to Miami , From Daytona to St.Pete
and since we all love to ride our Fury's Getting there is 1/2 the fun
so lets just come together meet our fellow Forum members from the
Great state of Florida , and have a BLAST
show off our bikes - Give and get some tips
where just one Big Happy Family :)

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Click on ANY of the places to map directions from your location

Hooters @ I-4 and US98 Lakeland Exit 32
.. 3400 US 98 North
.. Lakeland, FL 33809
.. (863) 859-7772 ‎

Crackle Barrel, one mile north of I-4 on US27 Exit 55
.. 111 Dunson Ln
.. Davenport, FL 33896-8315
.. (863) 424-8100 ‎

Cracker Barrel I-4 and US192 Kissimmee Exit 64A
.. 5400 West Irlo Bronson Meml Highway
.. Kissimmee, FL 34746-4709
.. (407) 396-6521 ‎

Hooters @ Fl 535 in Kissimmee Exit 68
.. 8510 Palm Parkway
.. Orlando, FL 32836
.. (407) 239-0900 ‎

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
a weekend is best for most, i agree.
the Easter holy week is coming up, so you may want to consider holding this AFTER Easter.
That is very true and I agree Easter weekend is not a good weekend... So unless others disagree we'll skip the Easter weekend as one we'll consider.

Hooters @ I-4 and US98 Lakeland Exit 32
.. 3400 US 98 North
.. Lakeland, FL 33809
.. (863) 859-7772 ‎

Crackle Barrel, one mile north of I-4 on US27 Exit 55
.. 111 Dunson Ln
.. Davenport, FL 33896-8315
.. (863) 424-8100 ‎

Cracker Barrel I-4 and US192 Kissimmee Exit 64A
.. 5400 West Irlo Bronson Meml Highway
.. Kissimmee, FL 34746-4709
.. (407) 396-6521 ‎

Hooters @ Fl 535 in Kissimmee Exit 68
.. 8510 Palm Parkway
.. Orlando, FL 32836
.. (407) 239-0900 ‎
Thank you StPete, very much appreciated.

I didn't have time to do that last night with moving the thread, copying and pasting quotes and finding the restaurants... I started from scratch more or less and by the time I found the restaurants and which exit they were at I was pooped lol. It's been a very long weekend for me so please excuse my lack of drive :rolleyes:

I'm all good now....I got plenty of sleep and ready to kick to some butt LMAO

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Thank you StPete, very much appreciated.

I didn't have time to do that last night with moving the thread, copying and pasting quotes and finding the restaurants... I started from scratch more or less and by the time I found the restaurants and which exit they were at I was pooped lol. It's been a very long weekend for me so please excuse my lack of drive :rolleyes:

I'm all good now....I got plenty of sleep and ready to kick to some butt LMAO
I was in the exact same mode last night - slammed tired.
That's why I had more patience to commit to this first thing this AM.

One question ... is this for Furys only?
I realize the group photo ... we'll get one Fury Only shot.
Just thinkin', the more the merrier.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
What about we "out of staters"??????:(
Depending on the "when", if you want to hike here from out of town ... EVER ... hit me up and I may be able to put you up for a day or two. So, come here, ride from here, hit Bike Nite at Quaker Steak, etc. and know you have a place you can count on.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I was in the exact same mode last night - slammed tired.
That's why I had more patience to commit to this first thing this AM.

One question ... is this for Furys only?
I realize the group photo ... we'll get one Fury Only shot.
Just thinkin', the more the merrier.
I gotcha bro.... Yeah that concert killed me, not to mention getting home from it at 6am Sunday morning.

To be totally honest with ya, I was just asked to start a new thread concerning putting this meet and greet together because **** was having issues with his aircard so in all honesty I am not the OP... I would consider you and ****** the OP's considering you both began this conversation.

I have no problem opening this up for anyone and everyone who rides but it should really be designated as a Fury owner's event... We want as many Fury's there as possible.. Not just another bike fest/meet... Some people own more then one bike....I say bring them all as long as one of them is a Fury.
I have no problems with anybody coming..... as you said the more the merrier

What about we "out of staters"??????:(
Come on, if your willing to come that far....come on brother!

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Depending on the "when", if you want to hike here from out of town ... EVER ... hit me up and I may be able to put you up for a day or two. So, come here, ride from here, hit Bike Nite at Quaker Steak, etc. and know you have a place you can count on.
Good to know, much obliged! :cool:

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Im interested but its about 3hrs each way for me so on the fence pending when. Since i dont know if my sched will be availible I dont want to vote an area.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts