Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No key for my steering lock. Honda says no replacement keys available.

There is a rivet and washer that hold the lock in place. How do you get the rivet off. And conversely, how do you put the new rivet back on?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
No key for my steering lock. Honda says no replacement keys available.

There is a rivet and washer that hold the lock in place. How do you get the rivet off. And conversely, how do you put the new rivet back on?
don't bother with the steering lock they are a waste of time,
one good yank of the handlebars & the lock brakes.

buy a disk lock & clip on lead that goes from bars to lock so you remember to take it off,
or buy one of the alarm disk locks as soon as you move the bike it will go off so you will not forget,

·
Registered
222 Posts
don't bother with the steering lock they are a waste of time,
one good yank of the handlebars & the lock brakes.

buy a disk lock & clip on lead that goes from bars to lock so you remember to take it off,
or buy one of the alarm disk locks as soon as you move the bike it will go off so you will not forget,
If it is not alarmed, make sure it has the lead as EvoMotors stated, because trust me, you will forget. I screwed up two front fenders on my sport bike this way. I've had my fury for almost a year and still can't get the steering lock to work. Gave up and used a disk lock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I lost my ignition key as well as my lock key..I dont have the codes for it..how can I get a key make?. My ignition key is also my fuel cap key..ty

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Take your registration to the Honda dealer. They can look it up from your VIN and get you one.
No they cannot, there is no provision in Honda VINs , if you know the selling dealer, they MAY have recorded it , most do not. You will need to pull the lock, either the ignition or helmet, and you will find the key code on the lock..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts