Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have the same issue:

when i am low in rpm and change gears from 3 to 4th or 4 to 5th, sometimes the higher gear isn't present. Then I will have to reapply the shift lever or clutch, then it shifts.

But when I'm in high rpm's it will shift without issue towards 4 or 5th gear.

My Odo meter is on +- 900 Miles and I must say that I'm a slow rider :) So driving +-50Mph in 4th gear isn't an exception for me.

· Registered
479 Posts
I think you're shifting too early... let the rpms indicate when it's time to shift. If I'm highway riding, I won't shift into 5th until I'm at 70+

· Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Owners Manual

The mph is low on the gears per the MANUAL, BUT i ride mine a bit higher IMO 3rd is more toward the 45 mph for ME! My rev limiter HAS ONLY KICKED IN ONCE in almost 2000 miles on her!

I read alot of guys who felt that if you rode her, FURY, fast from the initial date of service the motor/mapping would operate at a better clip since they felt the bike adjusted to rider after so many miles in use.
I think this is a wives tale IMO!

6th gears are some what needed/vital and overrated!

1st- the 6th gear in the trans makes for a bit larger housing
2nd- the 6th gear then makes all the prior gears SMALLER MEANING YOU HAVE EVENLESS RPM ON EACH GEAR GOING UP TO 6th You can blow your trans out real real EASY with 6 gears and over rev during 2nd thru 5th gears!!! Cost my friend 1800.00 to rebuild and repair 6 speed trans on his HD Dyna wide glide!

Is that sort of sound right. I was educated by the HARLEY TECH when I was gonna get the FAT BOB!:cool:

· Registered
2,385 Posts
Every now and again from 4th to 5th i get a false neutral feel, it feels just like shifting 1st to second.

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
In my manual there is nothing about speeds at which I should shift...

Well there is something at page 70:

When the motorcycle attains a moderate speed,close the throttle,pull in the clutch lever and shift to 2nd gear by raising the shift lever. This sequence is repeated to progressively shift to 3rd,4th,5th (top gears)
So what is the moderate speed, at which gear ?! :)

· Registered
2,385 Posts
Did you finally get the bike GAR?????????? I usually shift 4th to 5th around 40

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.