Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all from Australia.
1st post, I know, but I'm a memeber on a heap of different forums, enough to know to search before I ask a dumb question. I can't find the answer anywhere, so here goes:
Has anyone completed the tank swap of the Fury ABS tank to the VT1300CS tank, including swapping instrumentation, front brake line etc? Long story short, a mate is attempting it, and he's run into headaches with the 1300CS 'clocks'(instruments, in-tank) having a 16 pin-style connector, and the outgoing original dash(and 'bars, they're being swapped out, too)has a 20 pin connector. I haven't seen it all in the flesh, but it's kinda my problem to look into...
The only way to get new connectors to suit would be to buy a COMPLETE wiring harness from the CS just to get the one connector(yeah, like that's going to happen), and the bikes are relatively new in Oz to the point where no one has 'wrecked' one yet.
Thoughts?(aside from the obvious "You're SCREWED" comments, LOL!!)

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
First do you have the service manuals for both bikes? Can you read schematics very well? If so, then I would start there and see what each and every pin is connected to. You will be able to find out what the 4 extra pins are for and whether or not they are needed... Also, whether or not they can be jumpered. Changing out from a 16 to a 20 or vice versa is easy, so long as you know what you need to rule in or rule out. Oh, hope you have a multi-meter handy...

That should hopefully get you rolling as I am tired, maybe it will get other's rolling with ideas as well, as I am going to bed. Night.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
SORRY (too little, too late)

·
Registered
305 Posts
But...but.....why would you want to take off that beautiful tank (one of the best features of the bike imo) and replace it with that blob from the VT1300CS?

I think your mate has waaaaay too much blood in his alcohol stream. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I wouldn't want to change it out, personally, but it's his ride!
Turns out the wiring job was the thing that thwarted all plans. A number of 'sparkies'(electricians) from various backgrounds, with a lot of experience between them all, had a look and pulled up short. The basic thought was 'you *could* give it a go, but there's a chance of 'faulting' the ECU or frying something, so I wouldn't touch it...'
Oh, and G'day to Nuts351!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
You need to kick him dead off in his aussy and tell him he is screwing up the best looking tank out there by swaping it out:D

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
it's true! the tank is what makes most people ask "whoa is that a bigdog!?" when you pull up to a gas station! :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts