Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to replace the side covers with covers that don't have the honda name on them. I have looked in the fury faq but didn't find any past threads that pertained to them. Can anyone give me a dealer name that carries them? And perhaps a website.
thanks bingo

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Would like to replace the side covers with covers that don't have the honda name on them. I have looked in the fury faq but didn't find any past threads that pertained to them. Can anyone give me a dealer name that carries them? And perhaps a website.
thanks bingo
Hi bingo,

You don't need to replace them. The "Honda" badges come off the side covers.

Let me know if you need to find out how to do it.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
523 Posts
thanks bingo
Save your money!!!Just take the Honda badges off.They come off really easy as they are only attached with double back 3M tape just like your reflectors!Just heat them with a hair dryer and twist them off. All the cool kids are doing it!:D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Save your money!!!Just take the Honda badges off.They come off really easy as they are only attached with double back 3M tape just like your reflectors!Just heat them with a hair dryer and twist them off. All the cool kids are doing it!:D
And then use Goo Gone (not the same as goofoff) to gently wipe the residue with a microfiber cloth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes gary plz tell me the secret i'v taken every other name and sticker off. but these didn't appear to be removable. im stoked to think i can some how remove them.

bingo

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
And then use Goo Gone (not the same as goofoff) to gently wipe the residue with a microfiber cloth.
yes, "GENTLY" is the word. It's easy to scratch the plasti chrome.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
yes gary plz tell me the secret i'v taken every other name and sticker off. but these didn't appear to be removable. im stoked to think i can some how remove them.

bingo
Take both covers off the bike. As mentioned, heat them up with a hair dryer (at low temp). The badges are held on with a double sided tape. Once the tape is warm, get a piece of thin fishing line (or strong cotton) and run it under the badge. This will cut through the tape. Once the badge is off carefully peel of the tape that is left behind. Be gentle and take your time. It's easy to put surface scratches on the plasti chrome.

Hope that help.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
^^^ that cant be stressed enough ... make sure you are in a dirt free environment when taking off the tape. Me personally when it involves removing double sided tape off anything automotive ... i use my finger nail and slowly and gently scrape it off. The chrome covers will scratch easily.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Hi bingo,

Forgot to mention that after you finish give everything a polish. Only use a polish that is okay to use on plasti chrome. I use Vuplex, but in the US I think you can get Plexus (I'm sure they are the same thing).

Cheers

Gary

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
paint the covers to match your bike.
takes care of the problem and elevates your bike from oem to 'yours'.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Take both covers off the bike. As mentioned, heat them up with a hair dryer (at low temp). The badges are held on with a double sided tape. Once the tape is warm, get a piece of thin fishing line (or strong cotton) and run it under the badge. This will cut through the tape. Once the badge is off carefully peel of the tape that is left behind. Be gentle and take your time. It's easy to put surface scratches on the plasti chrome.

Hope that help.

Cheers

Gary
Or dental floss ..... I think I heated and then twisted mine off with no problems ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys, their off and all polished up. :) what about the the honda logo stamped into the sides of the transmission and clutch cover. what options are there for covering those up? dont really want to replace them. but want a cover that fits perfectly.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
thanks guys, their off and all polished up. :) what about the the honda logo stamped into the sides of the transmission and clutch cover. what options are there for covering those up? dont really want to replace them. but want a cover that fits perfectly.
Hi bingo,

A set of Kuryakyn Billet Covers will fix that for you. They look good, I have them on my bike.

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What size fits the best? or part number is the rite one iv'e seen the one for $69.00 and theres three in the packet is that the one? and do i need to order two sets?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
What size fits the best? or part number is the rite one iv'e seen the one for $69.00 and theres three in the packet is that the one? and do i need to order two sets?
The Kuryakyn come in a set of three (or you can buy them separately). Part number for the set is 7708.. I paid $67.95 in the US for them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
just took the badges off my new Fury. Heated the back of the plastic on high heat with a hair-dryer until the badge was pliable, then it very easily twisted off. I lightly rubbed a liberal amount of acetone-free nail polish remover onto the remaining adhesive and it came up brilliantly with no scratches.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
just took the badges off my new Fury. Heated the back of the plastic on high heat with a hair-dryer until the badge was pliable, then it very easily twisted off. I lightly rubbed a liberal amount of acetone-free nail polish remover onto the remaining adhesive and it came up brilliantly with no scratches.
Well done! Did you get the engine covers?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts