Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys
What year did the Fury go from Chrome everything to black?
Looking to get one and doing some research. Seems mostly black now - bars - fork legs - wheels etc.
As an old guy I am liking the look of the chrome I think - but haven’t seen one in the flesh so to speak.
Do you all like the Chrome? Is the lack more hard wearing or something?
Wondering when and why?
Shrek

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Guys
Looking to get one and doing some research. Seems mostly black now - bars - fork legs - wheels etc.
As an old guy I am liking the look of the chrome I think - but haven’t seen one in the flesh so to speak.
Wondering when and why?
Shrek
I know 2016 was the first year that they got rid of the chrome on the blue bikes.

My 2011 was a pearl white that came with black handle bars, rims, lower fork legs, triple trees, and frame.

The engine covers were still chrome and the engine case was silver.

I think that 2013 was the first year they offered the engine in black, (engine covers still chrome), from the factory but alot of guys have painted the engine black and some have even polished the fins.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
704 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent Wills thank you
Shrek

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know 2016 was the first year that they got rid of the chrome on the blue bikes.

My 2011 was a pearl white that came with black handle bars, rims, lower fork legs, triple trees, and frame.

The engine covers were still chrome and the engine case was silver.

I think that 2013 was the first year they offered the engine in black, (engine covers still chrome), from the factory but alot of guys have painted the engine black and some have even polished the fins.

Hope this helps.
I'm toying with the ideas of paint the chrome black also. But might b a lot of work.
Do you take posts off or Judy mask the bike up?

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I'm toying with the ideas of paint the chrome black also. But might b a lot of work.
Do you take posts off or Judy mask the bike up?
I removed everything except the forward crankcase cover on the left side of the bike. In order to remove that one you have to drain the oil. All the rest are just covers.

I have a full set of head covers that came off my bike that I painted "piano" lacquer black, if you are interested.

They look like this...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Still looks like work..im lazy. ill just leave well enough alone for the time being. ill see what happens in the summer... I saw on eBay these rear directional that are brake lights and directionals really Kool ,, thats something i feel is important.. i put a 2nd brake light on my Stryker.. Safety 1st

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guys
Wondering when and why?
Shrek
I

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Shrek, I personally like the chrome and chrome is definitely more popular. I believe the black out package came out in 2015 but don’t quote me on that. I do know the chrome accessories are more readily available as well. Something to consider. Check out these web sites. Mean cycles, big boy bike parts, Eastern and Kuryakyn for accessories and ideas. Hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts