Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my fury to work for the First time this year with new wheels and other chrome goodies, and I received many compliments on it's appearance. However one of my co-workers, a Harley owner, commented simply, "Chrome don't get ya home."
What the hell does that mean??
I thought about it for a second, and responded simply that "As a Harley rider, I realize that is your first priority"
But I sure would like to have a snappy response to that comment the next time I hear it.
Any thoughts??

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
i carry a bunch of tow company cards and when they say crap like that to me i hand them one.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I allways say "Go chrome or stay home"!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I have my sisters sportster here in the garage, tranny torn out, cracked open and drained of oil. brake lines and reservoirs off. and it still leaks.. go figure.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
"Chrome wont getcha home.....but it'll getcha laid."

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Yep that's the full saying. Don't feel bad I hear HD riders say that to their other hd buddies all the time.

Some guys love chrome, some love black, some love HP, some love functional mods, some love rat bikes, some love refined ones, etc. just means that chrome might be pretty but it has no functional value on the bike.

Don't worry he's just jealous! :)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Since I've chromed damn near everything, I am officially out there testing this hypothesis.......may or may not report results:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts