Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I just received these guys yesterday, unfortunetly I cannot install them just yet as I'm recouping from a surgery, anyway to cheer me up the Ol'Lady brought me the box, so when I opened it I saw my nice shiny brand new LED's for my front turns... But They only have 2 wires (uh_oh)... I know the front blinkers have 3 because they act as running lights and I would like to keep it this way... Any advice...?

·
Registered
309 Posts
SO I just received these guys yesterday, unfortunetly I cannot install them just yet as I'm recouping from a surgery, anyway to cheer me up the Ol'Lady brought me the box, so when I opened it I saw my nice shiny brand new LED's for my front turns... But They only have 2 wires (uh_oh)... I know the front blinkers have 3 because they act as running lights and I would like to keep it this way... Any advice...?
Eggs, it's probably a running light also. It'll just blink a lot quicker than stock...

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eggs, it's probably a running light also. It'll just blink a lot quicker than stock...
If memory serves me correctly, my 98 shadow had the same setup, three wires for the front turns since they were running lights also, if I attach the third wire to the positive on the new lights (two wire)it does some funky stuff with the electrical... I'm gonna try and rig them up if I feel up to it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, my 98 shadow had the same setup, three wires for the front turns since they were running lights also, if I attach the third wire to the positive on the new lights (two wire)it does some funky stuff with the electrical... I'm gonna try and rig them up if I feel up to it.
Good luck, but more importantly get better...nice weather is right around the corner!

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK well, here it is, the first pic is the blinker indicator light "staying on" while the third wire (blue with white line) is attached to the positive feed on the new lights. If they were hooked up to factory the turn indicator would be off.

If I don't attach that third wire, they wont be running lights and the steady turn indicator will be off... hmmm I should do this when I'm not under the influence...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I covered this last year, as i wired all 3 and tasted th rainbow of colors. If memory serves you leave the blue and white and orange and white out of the equation and your good.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Eric, I could be wrong but I think you are going to find the two wires on your new lights one being hot lead and one being ground because these lights can only be used as a directional light or running lights only without the added duel element circuit. If you want to use these lights as both running lights and directional lights you have to also purchase the dual element circuit that seperates and splits the two signals for each function. Make sure when purchasing to match the right element to the number of LED in your lights.
Dual Element Circuit - Chrome Glow wire accordingly for both functions.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eric, I could be wrong but I think you are going to find there are only two wires on being hot and one being ground because these lights can only be used as a directional light or running lights only without the added duel element circuit. If you want to use these lights as both running lights and directional lights you have to also purchase the dual element circuit that seperates and splits the two signals for each function. Make sure when purchasing to match the right element to the number of LED in your lights.
Dual Element Circuit - Chrome Glow wire accordingly for both functions.
Thanks Dave, I knew there was something additional I just couldn't remember what the hell it was... I'm just going to leave them as turns... Since I noticed that connecting the wire with the white line will aslo constantly keep the rear turns as running lights.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Get the Kisan Tech blinker cancellation (and other feature) SM-3 system. It should do what you need - including load balance for LEDs on one end and filament bulbs on the other.

If it's not the law to have them on as running lights, then you could skip the one wire and have them only illuminate when you turn or hit the brakes (both front blinker elements flash four times and then stay ON when holding the break IF the turn signal is not activated).

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yep Dave got it right...I also purchased the same light for signal, but not at running lights..I did prchase the dual element for my taillight..pics in my album if u want to check it out..

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Get the Kisan Tech blinker cancellation (and other feature) SM-3 system. It should do what you need - including load balance for LEDs on one end and filament bulbs on the other.
I use that set-up. Used one on the VTX and worked great. Also, the rear lights flash when brake applied. I like the cancel feature, too. I use all LEDs front and rear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts