Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have to chromically live through you guys........... I live too close to the ocean .... I don't have that much time to polish
I use a few different chrome shops, there are none near me. The ones that I do use are a bit pricey, but guarantees to stand up against salt water and Bikes2NV has a lifetime warranty. Paul's Chrome Plating in Pennsylvania is another one. If you're thinking about it give either of them a call. It's worth the money.

· Super Moderator
6,702 Posts
I have to chromically live through you guys........... I live too close to the ocean .... I don't have that much time to polish
When I lived 100 metres from the water of Sydney Harbour I never had a problem with my chrome due to polishing it once a month with a high polymer car polish, I used and still use Nu Finish as it is available in Oz. I still polish the chrome once a month with Nu Finish. Once every three months I polish my chrome with Surf City Garage killer chrome polish and finish off with Nu Finish. The main thing is to keep the chrome clean and don't let stuff sit on the chrome. I also kept my bike under two covers in the garage to stop the salt condensing on the bike. So living close to water need not be a problem.

· Super Moderator
6,702 Posts
I haven't seen anyone do this and am considering it. Have you seen the engine head covers chromed on a Fury? I'm talking about the finned covers around the spark plugs.
I haven't see it either. GF_Fury had the cylinders powder coated blue and the fins diamond cut and that looked amazing but he is the only one I know of who did anything like that. He posted pics on the forum so you can probably take a look.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts