Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had some great ideas come from you guys and now I have a problem. Just when my Fury is completed (perfect in my opinion) I get back from a ride and notice the top covers on the engine, which are chrome plated plastic of some kind, have bubbled up. It's just on the front so far and most viewers (non-bikers) probably wouldn't notice but to me is says "HEY, LOOK AT ME, THE UGLY BIKE". I don't know if they need to be re-chromed or what. I've seen some black ones on Fury's and don't know if they are custom or stock on some years. My girl is all black and chrome so the black would be OK if they are better. BTW, mine is a 2015 and my main squeeze... well, my pups come close... The bike hasn't overheated, no warning lights, no reason I can find for it to happen.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
I've had some great ideas come from you guys and now I have a problem. Just when my Fury is completed (perfect in my opinion) I get back from a ride and notice the top covers on the engine, which are chrome plated plastic of some kind, have bubbled up. It's just on the front so far and most viewers (non-bikers) probably wouldn't notice but to me is says "HEY, LOOK AT ME, THE UGLY BIKE". I don't know if they need to be re-chromed or what. I've seen some black ones on Fury's and don't know if they are custom or stock on some years. My girl is all black and chrome so the black would be OK if they are better. BTW, mine is a 2015 and my main squeeze... well, my pups come close... The bike hasn't overheated, no warning lights, no reason I can find for it to happen.
Do you have aftermarket pipes, intake, fuel controller???

The head covers only came in chrome from the factory, lots of people have painted them

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes to all three questions and they've on there since 2015 with the problem occurring last month. Living in Las Vegas, I've ridden through 115 degree + with no problems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was going to suggest that perhaps you were running a bit lean which will cause excess heat.
I believe it's always run a bit rich. I set it that way when I installed the pipes, air filter and fuel controller. It causes a bit of a backfire on decel sometimes but it hasn't caused any plug problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts