Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 FURY
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a source for Chrome Plating Plastic? Specifically, at least initially, I want to get the rear wheel dust cover Chrome plated to match my wheels. My only other choices are to leave it alone (YUCK) or paint to match bike. Thanks to all

·
Registered
552 Posts
Does anyone have a source for Chrome Plating Plastic? Specifically, at least initially, I want to get the rear wheel dust cover Chrome plated to match my wheels. My only other choices are to leave it alone (YUCK) or paint to match bike. Thanks to all
I know it can be done... they coat it with nickel and copper I believe before it is actually chromed.. I do not have a source

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I used to do my own stuff at work in my off time, but I have since changed jobs. I used to evaporated chrome in a vacuum chamber and do it. And yes, there are base layers for stability of the coating.

·
Registered
2012 FURY
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had my dust ring chromed by Classic before they closed down. They lay a base coat of something (looks like powdered carbon) and then copper, nickel and chrome. I use L&M chrome in Santa Ana CA these days and they do a good job. Call Alicia on 760 803 1493.
Thank you very much, I left a message, hoping they will return my call. Being as it's Friday after Thanksgiving, I sorta figured they would be closed.

Keep the shiny side up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts