Honda Fury Forums: banner

Chrome Plated Plastic

2K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  justfurious 
I had my dust ring chromed by Classic before they closed down. They lay a base coat of something (looks like powdered carbon) and then copper, nickel and chrome. I use L&M chrome in Santa Ana CA these days and they do a good job. Call Alicia on 760 803 1493.

Great idea. I ordered some and wrapped mine last night. It looks great. Once you get it in where it belongs, you can't tell that it isn't chrome. I found one place that chrome plates plastic and was quoted $250 to do it. I'm a chrome junkie, but that's a bit over the top.
I was surprised how easy it was to wrap. It looks really good at the moment. waiting for wheels, Calipers, kickstand trailing arm, some bolts, brackets, polished rotors. Should be finished soon, and I can put bike back together. Airbrushing should be finished soon. I have a lot of custom chrome parts ordered too. Getting anxious. Would be nice for Christmas. Of course it's too cold to ride right now anyway, but I'd still like to get it together. I need to pull forks so I can change turn signals and put on top chrome fork covers. I've never done that before, but doesn't look that difficult. I'm not giving dealer $360 just to r&r forks and service them, CRAZY!

Keep the shiny side up.
Being a chrome person myself I always approve of more chrome. It will be very interesting to see how the wrap holds up over time and what heat and oil does to it . The plastic I had chromed 12 years ago has held up perfectly but it was not cheap, even then.

True enough, Place here wants $349 to chrome diff, and that doesn't include tearing down, new bearings and two way shipping.
The chrome job on my final drive was about $160 at the time but that does not include everything else plus shipping to CA and back from Oz. Plus I bought Ken's old final drive for the project so my bike would not be off the road while all the work was going on, so that added a bit to the bill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.