Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
that is the sumo x fender... they are the support struts.. dont think you can buy them but worth a call to kurt or pm him on here

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I asked the same question the first time i saw a sumo kit those do look cool, would be a nice add on for looks.
Agree with you Sea Dawg, they do look good...would be nicer if we could get narrower rear fender (those of us who can't afford the sumo kit)....

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
that is the sumo x fender... they are the support struts.. dont think you can buy them but worth a call to kurt or pm him on here
I contacted Kurt a Sumo 6 months ago and inquired about purchasing a set of those chrome struts . His email return asked why I wanted them and I then explained to him that I liked the look of them I and wanted to use them for a rear fender design that I have been working on. He never returned my emails and that. Not sure why but whatever.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I contacted Kurt a Sumo 6 months ago and inquired about purchasing a set of those chrome struts . His email return asked why I wanted them and I then explained to him that I liked the look of them I and wanted to use them for a rear fender design that I have been working on. He never returned my emails and that. Not sure why but whatever.
Too Bad Dave, I'd like to see what you come up with for the fender.....

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Too Bad Dave, I'd like to see what you come up with for the fender.....
The rear fender will be one of my winter projects Bob and I will be using a similar idea as the sumo strut with my on little twist to it but I just thought it would be a lot easier to just purchase a set of theirs rather than pay someone to fabricate something and then have it chromed.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
If I was going to do them I would like them to folow the fender a little more.
JMHO

but they could be done and bolt to the frame without having the screws showing.

all in all it is a nice idea, I can't wait to see what Daves looks like.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I was looking into different options with a exposed strut and came up empty. It would be sweet to have that option.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I would give him a call again; sure he probably got busy and forgot.
...but they could be done and bolt to the frame without having the screws showing.
He sent me plates that cover up the screws, one for each side.

With a strut it would be great for a quick release back rest. This would be great!
That’s the way his are designed.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Resolution is required.....

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
It is not his job to ask "why" you want something, it is job to just sell you the part... What is wrong with these dealers.... ?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
It is not his job to ask "why" you want something, it is job to just sell you the part... What is wrong with these dealers.... ?
Maybe if Dave was going to use it in a way that Kurt knew it would’nt work, it may save him a lot of time and money. It is just one piece of the kit. Kinda like me asking you for only one of your 3” extenders.:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
i don't know if i would say it's like selling just one of your 3" extenders, but the only issue i see being is if they only have enough to fit the amount of fenders they have and it's all part of a set that they purchase from the manufacturer, if they sell a set then they won't have a set for a fender, but i would think that they could order another set for said fender.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
If you watch the sumoX install video you'll see why they have those side struts. You have to cut off the bikes current frame beyond the front seat area so it makes up for that. Don't see why the same holes can't be drilled for looks and the same thing installed but not sure how the rear factory fender matches to the wider dimensions of the sumo X.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts