Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
RSS I take it they only make it for one side or will it fit both sides.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Only make it for one side brother, but if you have the time and the means, can always take off the whole swingarm and send it to the chromers... which, I have thought about and still might do... But, would need some downtime from the bike :(

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yeh but My bike has been down for wheels and stuff for over 5 weeks now already and don't have the dollars for any more chroming. You think the that cover could be cut or modified to fit the other side to? Or just wouldn't work at all.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Yeh but My bike has been down for wheels and stuff for over 5 weeks now already and don't have the dollars for any more chroming. You think the that cover could be cut or modified to fit the other side to? Or just wouldn't work at all.
Wouldn't work at all, unless my wild imagination is lying to me at this point... can't even see cutting off the end and welding it to the other side either that wouldn't work as the slot on bottom of this cover would be on top then and just look weird.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I wonder why they only make it for the one side? Would make more sense to make one for the other side seeing as the side is more eposed than the exhaust side.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I wonder why they only make it for the one side? Would make more sense to make one for the other side seeing as the side is more eposed than the exhaust side.
Hey RAW, have an answer to that one?

/Shrug, think that's cause he uses the same style on the other bikes that he makes mods for as well, so this was an easy translation, kind of like the other websites are doing??? Would be nice to get our own original stuff for once, but he's trying at least.... Check out his whole website...

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Drive side has rubber as you know and gets hot!!
If they just made a cap that contours around the rubber sleeve that may be enough to give the chromed look at street level!
Charge a bit more but offer a set, hint RAW, maybe they will...

One of my RAW fork caps has tiny pitting:mad::mad: Maybe I will give them a call since they are good guys!

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is the exact reason I've neglected purchasing the right side swing arm cover myself... I keep wondering if the a drive side cover will eventually come from RAW. Is there any logical reason im not seeing why there is no left? I'd hate to buy just the right and then some other manufacture comes out with a kit for both sides. Just my thoughts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts