Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just installed the Kury cover for the master cylinder and now my throttle is sticky. When I was installing them they were very tight to get on and I was thinking I would have to notch it with a dremel. Its touching the throttle end on the cable side. Has anyone else had this issue with these covers? I guess when I glued my grips on before I installed them I should of gave it more clearance.

·
Registered
835 Posts
As a NON-mechanic, this was one of the few mods I could do myself! LOL! I didn't have any problems....are you sure they sent you the correct part? I know when I ordered my wide chrome levers, they sent me Kawasaki ones! :eek:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a NON-mechanic, this was one of the few mods I could do myself! LOL! I didn't have any problems....are you sure they sent you the correct part? I know when I ordered my wide chrome levers, they sent me Kawasaki ones! :eek:
They did send me the right part. I wanted to get them on right away last night that I didnt notice a light nub on the top cover. It was rubbing on the throttle. I didnt realize they were covers when I got them. I usually get the actual part but chrome on all my bikes. If I knew they were covers I would of had my oem's dipped. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Im quite disappointed I didnt look at them before I took them out of the package. At least I could of flipped them on ebay. I may get the chrome housings now. I dont really like these much. I actually started on the throttle side and removed the whole thing then realized they were covers. I know stupid move on my part. It really is a pita to switch them out.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Yeah Im quite disappointed I didnt look at them before I took them out of the package. At least I could of flipped them on ebay. I may get the chrome housings now. I dont really like these much. I actually started on the throttle side and removed the whole thing then realized they were covers. I know stupid move on my part. It really is a pita to switch them out.
I almost bought those and then I found these on ebay for $40 w/free ship (Kurys). There still covers, but look good to me. They offer a little more as far as styling goes and then I got the chrome clamps to tie it al together. I can't remember who makes them, but I have the package in my garage.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Ok, I just installed the Kury cover for the master cylinder and now my throttle is sticky. When I was installing them they were very tight to get on and I was thinking I would have to notch it with a dremel. Its touching the throttle end on the cable side. Has anyone else had this issue with these covers? I guess when I glued my grips on before I installed them I should of gave it more clearance.
Without reading the rest of the posts, I ended up grinding mind down a little bit to make sure to not touch the throttle or grip at all (probably more so than others as I have the Xoprodoxs grips)... check your clearance and grab a grinder...

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I almost bought those and then I found these on ebay for $40 w/free ship (Kurys). There still covers, but look good to me. They offer a little more as far as styling goes and then I got the chrome clamps to tie it al together. I can't remember who makes them, but I have the package in my garage.
Oooooh, very pretty! I want, I need, I gotta have........

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
why not just chrome the OEM ones? It cant cost that much to do.
I did it so my bike would only be down the hour or so it took to change, not a week or more to send off and get back, and forget how to put them back together. Plus I did mine at the same time I changed to stainless cables, since the throttles have to come out of the switch housings.

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
I did it so my bike would only be down the hour or so it took to change, not a week or more to send off and get back, and forget how to put them back together. Plus I did mine at the same time I changed to stainless cables, since the throttles have to come out of the switch housings.
I looked today and still have the stock ones if anyone wants them to get chromed and not have any down time. No charge, BUT you have to pay it forward with yours (after the chrome ones are on) to the next person that needs a core.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine had like a millimeter of chrome on the top cap and that made it rub and stick. Just filed it down and no more problem. I was rushed when I installed them so I didnt notice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.