Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
I looked around but no luck... finally got some nitrogen in my tires, now I have some green ones.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,712 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Stickman's going on an extended 6 or 7k mile trip....would it make a difference for that?
I know and I was thinking of just that when I wrote about it. Nitrogen is usually good for a difference in temperature ranges, so if he thinks that it will be the safest for him on a long run, then he should go ahead and use it. I can tell by his writings that he is pretty experienced at traveling and probably has worked with it before. Again though, if you read the article, compressed air already has 78% nitrogen in it, compared to running 100% nitrogen from a straight bottle, so there probably is a minimal of difference in the gas range, just a little extra cost and maybe extra security in his mind, can be worth it's weight in gold.
There are hundreds, even thousands of riders that do this kind of ride every year with regular air, so the numbers really speak for itself.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
The difference is not between 78% & 100% because you can not get 100% nitrogen into your tire. As I recall 95%-96% is the best possible %.
Ah, okay... thanks for the clarification! :D Also, just check your air every week for regular traveling and more often if doing a long haul and you guys will be fine.

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Nice new Avatar Clueless :D
Thanks
Ah, okay... thanks for the clarification! :D Also, just check your air every week for regular traveling and more often if doing a long haul and you guys will be fine.
We check the tires of every bike that comes in, seems as if very few people check their own. Today I did an oil change on a bike for a guy, I asked him when he picked it up if he just got it, he said yeah how did you know ? I told him he had 6 lbs of air in the front and 20 in the back.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I get my Nitrogen for free so what difference does it make? Also, when I used air, I did lose pressure when the bike sat up for a while, with N2 it holds steady. If I need to pump a couple of lbs. in on the ride, air mixes well. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.