Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local Honda shop quoted me $999 for chrome wheel exchange for my Fury. Price included everything...basically drop the bike off and 3 weeks later pick it up with the new wheels. What kind of prices are others out there paying?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Usually around $700-$1200 depending on what options you want. You can get just chrome for $700ish, 5-7 layer chrome for $800-900, with polished rotors run around $1000 and then you can get shaved wheels for around $1000 and shaved with rotors for $1200. All those prices are exchange, you can get them quicker with a core charge and that usually runs $900ish I believe but is refunded if you return your stock undamaged wheels on time.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
A local Honda shop quoted me $999 for chrome wheel exchange for my Fury. Price included everything...basically drop the bike off and 3 weeks later pick it up with the new wheels. What kind of prices are others out there paying?
that is not exchange.that is you drop the bike off and they have your wheels chromed.if it was exchang it would only take a couple days.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Stumpwerks is outside Louisville (London KY), and does excellent work. Waiting for my exchange as I write this. Speak with Paul there - good guy!

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Bikes2NV has mine, sending theirs on UPS truck as I type, can't wait to see them, e.t.a. Tuesday!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I used bikes 2 nv and I paid $1098 with tax and chrome valve stems. I drove to the shop Al and the guys swapped everything over and I picked them up about an hour later.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
If you order chrome rims thru Bikes2NV, mention Fury Forum for free show chrome valve stems. If you go thru someone else you can still purchace the stems from Bikes2NV, I believe for around $26. They are about the only supplier of these. This is a deal I worked out with them.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Rich I would have to dig out my paperwork. My price included swapping out the tires, bearings, balancing and valve stems. I would like to my wheels were balanced with out wheel weights.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Exchange for quality chrome and service

Deal with Al at Bikes 2 NV PERIOD

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
StumpWerx or Classic Components ... both are chromers.

Bikes2NV and others are middlemen. I'd use a middleman if they were local and did a full-service swap with my bike. Otherwise, if you sending out for an exchange, use one of the above.

Also, Bikes2NV does NOT exchange when last I had inquired. You must send yours in first.

StumpWerx (Paul) grinds off the bead where you see your balance weights are currently crimped on. Once chromed, your wheels will NOT get crimp-style weights, but stick-/glue-on weights. So, that center bead gone is damn good looking.

Fury Wheels – Shaved & Chromed | Phat Parts Outlet

BTW, $999 complete sounds too good to be true. I got one hell of a deal with Classic Components:
http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fur...ome-rims-polished-rotors-apb-2.html#post88505

In that post ... There's your price-point. Make sure your dealer is going to cover everything in that list.

Oh yeah - with Stump when you do the chromed wheels and polished rotors, you get the chrome rear rotor filler FREE! That's a $50 value from another vendor that doesn't chrome.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
StumpWerx or Classic Components ... both are chromers.

Bikes2NV and others are middlemen. I'd use a middleman if they were local and did a full-service swap with my bike. Otherwise, if you sending out for an exchange, use one of the above.

Also, Bikes2NV does NOT exchange when last I had inquired. You must send yours in first.

StumpWerx (Paul) grinds off the bead where you see your balance weights are currently crimped on. Once chromed, your wheels will NOT get crimp-style weights, but stick-/glue-on weights. So, that center bead gone is damn good looking.

Fury Wheels – Shaved & Chromed | Phat Parts Outlet

BTW, $999 complete sounds too good to be true. I got one hell of a deal with Classic Components:
http://www.furyforums.com/forum/fur...ome-rims-polished-rotors-apb-2.html#post88505

In that post ... There's your price-point. Make sure your dealer is going to cover everything in that list.

Oh yeah - with Stump when you do the chromed wheels and polished rotors, you get the chrome rear rotor filler FREE! That's a $50 value from another vendor that doesn't chrome.

Howdy. Thanks StPete. Lil correction on that though. I dont use stick on weights. I have never ever used a stick on weight. I use dyna beads with great success. We machine the ridges out etc.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Howdy. Thanks StPete. Lil correction on that though. I dont use stick on weights. I have never ever used a stick on weight. I use dyna beads with great success. We machine the ridges out etc.
who cares!!! I just want to know if that sissy bar on your avatar fits a FURY!?!?!??!

I been eyeballing that thing on the vtxcafe homepage from day 1

1 - 20 of 43 Posts