Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
Has he tried them :confused:
Yes, more so with cast wheels. Usually the same as before the chroming. In this world most wheels are a little off and most tires are a little off so they can offset each other somewhat and the weights or Dyna Beads do the rest :).
We don't need no stinking pub reviews :p. There are enough member reviews on this thread alone to convince me.
Try them; they are inexpensive; write your own review :).

Clever idea but what kind of glue ??? I'm betting on centrifugal force :(.
i clean inside of the rim with break
cleaner,and heat the rim with blow dryer.havent had any comebacks.

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
I forgot who I was posting to :eek:. Shoulda known you had tried it with proven success :). Great fix :D !
you can do the same with spoke wheels if you put the weight between the liner and the rim.flip the tube and tire back in place and pump it up.the liner and the tube will hold them in place.

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
Now that could be interesting :rolleyes:. Daton Wire Wheels is looking into metric options and may have some new product by summer. If you are looking for a future proof wheel the wire wheel would only require the purchase of new rim when changing tire width :). Lacing and trueing a wheel is something that can be done at home. It's actually not that complicated ;).

spoke tool and magnetic dial indicator.you can make your own hub stand.that wheel dosent look bad.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Installed the Dyna Beads last night, what a pain to get all those tiny beads in the valve core. Very slow and frustrating..
Once they clogged up, the fun began with the air hose.:mad:
None the less, I will test ride them today and let everyone know how they do.
T

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Test ride feedback...

No wobbles or stability issues that I could tell today.
Went 100 miles, low, medium, and high speeds with no shaking what so ever.
It rode smooth and comfortably with and without a passenger. I did ride it prior to installing the Dyna Beads last night and it feels the same to me..

I did lean a little too far into a turn with the GF on back and slightly scraped the rear lower pipe.. She has to loose weight, or better yet get her new bike...:p

T

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
Installed the Dyna Beads last night, what a pain to get all those tiny beads in the valve core. Very slow and frustrating..
Once they clogged up, the fun began with the air hose.:mad:
None the less, I will test ride them today and let everyone know how they do.
T
load up a soda straw,slip it on the valve and blow.dun.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I say Pfffffft! Ive been using beads for a long time daily in all of the wheels I do and I have yet once to have any issue. You wont find me putting any weights on the outside of chrome wheels or any other wheel. I dont even keep weights in the shop. Beads only.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Good posting, not sure if the first posting that was in your attached link was refering to the price of the beads being expensive, bought 4oz for $12. Will install If I ever receive wheels from Chrome Pros.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Good posting, not sure if the first posting that was in your attached link was refering to the price of the beads being expensive, bought 4oz for $12. Will install If I ever receive wheels from Chrome Pros.
Yea... wasn't too sure of that myself? Maybe he got ripped off or something by a bad aftermarket brand?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.