Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:)A light went off in my head yesterday and I contacted a chrome wheel exchange company off ebay and started negotiating a deal on chrome rims for Fury members. It looks as if they are going to do both wheel $595 plus a refundable core charge of $695 and if you are interested they will polish your rotors. Basicly I'm taking ebay out of the picture and getting an even better price because of the extra business they will get from our forum. Still trying to work out the details, but it should be a win, sin for everyone.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Wow Brian that sounds like a great deal considering I paid a thousand dollars for the same deal last year and providing the chromer does good work.

·
Registered
331 Posts
:)A light went off in my head yesterday and I contacted a chrome wheel exchange company off ebay and started negotiating a deal on chrome rims for Fury members. It looks as if they are going to do both wheel $595 plus a refundable core charge of $695 and if you are interested they will polish your rotors. Basicly I'm taking ebay out of the picture and getting an even better price because of the extra business they will get from our forum. Still trying to work out the details, but it should be a win, sin for everyone.
Why can't I be independently wealthy??? I NEED THESE!!! and those... and this, ooooohh and that...

When does it end???

When will my wife let me get them?

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The compay bosted about a 21 chroming process and a 1 yr guarantee. As far as the wife goes, just do what I'm going to do. When you take your wheels off put a cover over the bike when she isn't looking, you know to keep the dust off of it for winter and then get the wheels back, put em on and see if she even notices.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Great Deal! If they turn out to be a quality product they will get my business, I just have to come up with the $$$. It will definately be on my list of items though

·
Registered
180 Posts
good work in negotiating this Smiley. :cool: i will definately do it if the cromeing process is good. keep us informed..

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
U will get what U pay for. A twenty one step process? Sounds like, step one, remove wheels from box, step two, take off paint, step three, inspect, step 4, lunch, etc. Chroming is normally counted as layers of metal applied. Minimum of 3, cheap. My chromer does show chrome, cost about $900, 7 step, which is 7 layers, high polish between each step, does bead blast, not sandblast, and 5 year warranty. I have seen cheap chrome rims, pitted, cracked, after 1 or 2 years. We all should know by now, price is one thing, quality is another. Good Luck.

PS: Smiley, If u need chrome valve stems for those, u can call my Chromer. He is about the only source for those. They also are Show Chrome. If u are interested in show chrome rims, PM me, he has 6 sets ready to go. Also, please check out the chromer for a rating with the BBB. Mine has A+ with no complaints. My chromer has a video on his website where he takes a #3 sledge to his chrome wheel and hits it several times, no cracking or chipping. Most people do not understand that chrome has hardly any shine, it is the quality of the underneath metals and how highly they were polished, that gives u the shine.

PS: Lester, Chrome is a application of coats of different metals, each one being polished. Polishing, is the removal of micro scratches and micro pits from your base metal, to bring out the mirror shine. Both are slick, so no brakes in the beginning, UNTIL u scratch up the brake pad contact area. Chroming uses some softer metals which can not take the high heat. The rotors are high quality SS which will polish up quickly and look as good as chrome at a very low cost.

Again, Good Luck to u Smiley, it's just I have heard of the low cost chromers before, and the stories afterward. And I hope u are not talking about Chrome Pros out of Texas. AS of 2/6/10 they have a -F- BBB rating.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
i would chrome the rotors... i am in the process of chroming my stock ones to sell since i replaced with rc matching.

also chroming doesnt not change stopping power, the chrome part where the pad touches gets rubbed off and ends up looking like it does now.

chrome looks sweet though.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Is it wheel exchange or do we have to ship it to them and wait? I guess shipping our wheels to them is not included in this price, but is their shipping them back included?

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
i would chrome the rotors... i am in the process of chroming my stock ones to sell since i replaced with rc matching.

also chroming doesnt not change stopping power, the chrome part where the pad touches gets rubbed off and ends up looking like it does now.

chrome looks sweet though.
The front uses a floating rotor type, I doubt it can be chromed and not crack (the chrome)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mine would notice because she writes out the bills. Dammit.

Same here! She is already tired of me trying to massage money out of her for my Fury!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Nice find, keep us posted. Do you know if they are smoothing out the wheels for that price? I only ask because it seems like a lot a work for that price.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Ditto, keep us posted... at that price I might be interested in chroming my wheels... At the $1000 mark I start thinking about custom wheels for $2000.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Hey Smiley could you post or PM me the name of the company please? I know there are 2 or 3 differnt ones on ebay and some have not so great reputation.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The company is Motorcycle chrome rims and chrome wheels. Show quality. Yamaha RoadStar Warrior performance parts. She said they work harder than anyone one chroming wheels. Also she said she didn't want me to post up the deal she was giving me. I expained to her that it was in her best intrest to give evyeryone the same deal. Still waiting on a reply???? Oh, they do chrome rotors 105 and polish 65. She wants to change 100 for shipping on the return and I said that we could get this deal all day long and she will have to do better than that if she want to earn the Fury Forums business.

·
Registered
331 Posts
did anyone notive they chrome outer fork tubes?

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Mental and Clue are spot-on. do not chrome the rotors. the heat will crack them. your brake pads are not made for this type of mating.

this I know, grasshopper, that stainless is best since the corrosive+abrasive nature of brake pads will break down the surface of most metals. you don't want partial chrome/substrate under braking conditions. you want solid material for the pads to grip.

this isn't my opinion--it's fact.
"chrome for show--not for go"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts