Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
213 Posts
Funny you should mention this i thought about this last week and can't shake the thought of a mirror finish fury! This bike seems like it will be an absolute PITA to wrap (particularly the tank)
You should look into this.
This system is offered by various companies
in do it yourself kits.
Chrome Metalizing process

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
213 Posts
No it looks like chrome. I have seen this method used on a low budget Cadillac restomod.
Having just the front bumper & grill parts prepped & rechromed estimate was somewhere between $5 and $7 grand.
Guy did this method for I believe $500. He disassembled the parts and glass beaded them first.
You treat it like paint. It will scratch like paint. so it was cleared with Urethane to protect it.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny you should mention this i thought about this last week and can't shake the thought of a mirror finish fury! This bike seems like it will be an absolute PITA to wrap (particularly the tank)
Thanks for responding.....The journey continues to find just one Fury done all in Chrome wrap..👍

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2010 Fury, but I'll be wrapping the dual tanks and fenders on my '77 Harley Superglide in the next couple of weeks. Here's a pretty good video on the Top Five Mistakes when wrapping.

·
Registered
2010 honda Fury
43 Posts
Has anyone ever done or seen or tried Chrome wrapping a Fury tank and fenders?
I have not done a chrome wrap but I have had the tank wrapped two times so a good wrap guy can do it. Fenders allso. Have you gone to the industrial paint store they mske auto paint in a can. Spray chrome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts