Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so, I went to the dealer to claim some problems that I have with my fury, I only have 1 year with the motorcycle, the problems are, the brake light, it got water inside of it and it stopped working, the cylinder cover has some black paint on it, and it's peeling off, and last but not least, it starts to accomulate rust in a lot of the polished metal of the motorcycle, like, the shocks, the leg, the brake and clutch lines and some other parts. So in the dealer they said they'll put the claim for everything, but they are sure Honda won't approve my claim about the rust because where I live (Chula Vista, California) there is a lot of salt in the air, I wasn't happy or agreed about the answer I received, that's why I'm here, what you guys think? Is that really normal, having in consideration that I only have 1 year with the motorcycle and I always put a waterproof cover on it? Or should I fight back if Honda's answer is, no?

·
Registered
711 Posts
I doubt you will get any positive news on the rust

Hopefully Honda will sort out your tail light for you

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
I live about 100 metres from salt water (Sydney Harbour) and I don't have any rust on my bike. My bike will be 10 years old in March. Having said that my secret is to keep the bike spotless and I never allow any of the salt "film" to stay on my bike. I'll wash or wipe over with detail spray as needed. I polish the chrome once a month with Nu Finish and I keep the paint well waxed. I also keep the bike under two covers (one dust and one water proof) in my garage as salt film settles on my bike even in my garage! Also I never leave my bike outside, it's either in the garage or in a secure parking garage at my work. If I get caught in the rain I wash and dry my bike as soon as I get home.
You can get the rust off with some CLR and rinse with lots of water then polish it with a good chrome polish (something like Surf City Garage from Huntington Beach CA) and a week later go over it again with Nu Finish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts