Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys (and gals)

I keep finding clutch and throttle braided cables which specifically state that they are not for use with the ABS version of the Fury. That doesn't make sense to me... Any chance it is a generic statement for braided cables, meaning the brake cables, and it is just being kept in the fitment details by mistake?

Anyone fit the OEM braided clutch/throttle cables to their ABS Fury and have no problems?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I haven't tried to fit the clutch or throttle cable to my ABS ether. To me it looks the same. The only thing that should be different is the break cables.

Could always look up the part numbers and see if they are the same.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
The European crowd here came up with some aftermarket cables for the ABS... if you take the time to search for it, pretty sure you'll find the info you need here on the forums...

Sent from my Droid using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The European crowd here came up with some aftermarket cables for the ABS... if you take the time to search for it, pretty sure you'll find the info you need here on the forums...

Sent from my Droid using Motorcycle App
If you are referring to the MTL guys, then yes, I am aware they have an option - particularly for ABS brake lines. But I am curious as to why OEM braided clutch/throttle lines advertised as not for the ABS Fury...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't tried to fit the clutch or throttle cable to my ABS ether. To me it looks the same. The only thing that should be different is the break cables.

Could always look up the part numbers and see if they are the same.
Yup - different part numbers :(

Still doesn't make sense to me...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Trusty, you are right again, its a generic statement. It should only refer to the brake lines.

I have fitted both L&M throttle & clutch cables to my ABS fury and they fit perfectly :) just as you would suspect.

ABS seems to be treated as Black Magic on this forum, it simply affects a few brake components, works great and can be fully replaced with stainless braided lines for under A$500 to clean up the whole Honda ABS mess. All details are on this forum, search my username and it should show up.

Cheers
Guy

·
Registered
21 Posts
lines bought............dont fit

I bought from metric cruiser the kit. I should have read the entire posting and didn't By the time I finished with trottle and clutch.....wamo stupid me. I am know the prowd owner of a cable that doesnt fid. Paid to F in much and want to kick my dog, shoot the wife and move to alaska. Does that answer the question? :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts