Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I drop a few pics and highlight some mods my bike has, both pre-purchase, and those that I did since I acquired her. She's 2016. I am interested in other folks' opinions both positive and negative as I can surely learn from those that are more knowledgeable than I am. This was an impulse buy. I saw a stock Blue one on the side of the road in NC and was hooked by her lines, I eventually located this beauty in the hills of SC and bought my first bike ever. Friggin love this thing. SC has different DMV rules than NC and the previous owner had removed the turn signals and stock head and tail lights. The headlight he installed has integrated amber turn signals in the Chrome housing, which work but are not very visible and the strip LED red tail light also has integrated amber flashing lights in it. Looks killer and minimalistic but against NC law and to be perfectly truthful, less safe. So I complied and added the lights you see now. The front ones remain white and flash amber when the turn signal is activated and the rear ones remain red and also flash amber. They also double as additional brake lights to the LED strip. Not nearly as obvious as the stock turn signal but I love them and I left the old system to work in tandem with the additional lights I added. Doubled up. The previous owner had lowered her dramatically and once again, he achieved the awesome appearance he was after but I kept scraping the frame when cornering. So I raised her back up and had a custom tandem saddle with a small backrest made. You simply unscrew the stock saddle and screw in the custom one. The only problem is that I don't have a girlfriend anymore so that addition has seen zero use.

Tire Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system Vehicle

The bike came with Vance and Hines Exhaust. Bomb! Lucky me. I added the Cobra Powrflo Air Filter as it is slightly lower profile than the stock item which caught my right knee and was bothersome. This looks way better in my opinion and was plug-and-play. No other adjustments were required.

Automotive lighting Hood Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Some other changes you may notice in the picture below are the hand grips, the low-profile mirrors, the footrests, the side saddle bag, the windshield, and the speakers.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

I find the stock saddle good for about 50 miles and then things start going numb. Might be time to change this one out to an aftermarket soon.

Fuel tank Bicycle handlebar Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting

I think I made a mistake with the footrests that I chose. They work but I am not convinced they complement the bike's style so if you have any suggestions that you have seen, please share your ideas with me. I definitely like clean lines and less is more to me.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel

The turn signals are Kuryakyn btw.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

The number plate is my late dad's nickname. (SOS) It's in his memory

Fuel tank Sky Plant Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle Wheel

·
Administrator
4,189 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Don't fret the girlfriend, focus on doing your thing and another will come along. In the mean time you can spend your "date money" on your bike and not have it sucked into a black hole of "gone."

My first Fury was "Flossy," so I appreciate a thin line also.

You do want to let others know you're changing lanes/turning--and under all lighting conditions, that's common sense. The lights you used are really bright and well seen.

The fly-screen looks a bit vertical, no criticism but you may like the look if it points back and down a bit more, though I don't know how tall you are and doing so might not cut the wind as well.

I'd probably try to get the speaker pods on the forks around headlight height for looks, but again that's me.

I used the Kury Heavy Industry Switchblades on a different bike as highway pegs, they work a lot better after a rebuild (like butter, actually). Kury makes a similar, wider ISO SwingWing that folds out and up to be highway pegs, but disassemble them before installation and completely once-over everything (in other words clean, file smooth, clean, lube, threadlock). Mine thought they were on a Harley and lost pretty much every part that could vibrate off. You have that Harley sound with the Vance cans so might have even worse luck. :ROFLMAO:

Congrats on the new ride!

Flossy:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thought I drop a few pics and highlight some mods my bike has, both pre-purchase, and those that I did since I acquired her. She's 2016. I am interested in other folks' opinions both positive and negative as I can surely learn from those that are more knowledgeable than I am. This was an impulse buy. I saw a stock Blue one on the side of the road in NC and was hooked by her lines, I eventually located this beauty in the hills of SC and bought my first bike ever. Friggin love this thing. SC has different DMV rules than NC and the previous owner had removed the turn signals and stock head and tail lights. The headlight he installed has integrated amber turn signals in the Chrome housing, which work but are not very visible and the strip LED red tail light also has integrated amber flashing lights in it. Looks killer and minimalistic but against NC law and to be perfectly truthful, less safe. So I complied and added the lights you see now. The front ones remain white and flash amber when the turn signal is activated and the rear ones remain red and also flash amber. They also double as additional brake lights to the LED strip. Not nearly as obvious as the stock turn signal but I love them and I left the old system to work in tandem with the additional lights I added. Doubled up. The previous owner had lowered her dramatically and once again, he achieved the awesome appearance he was after but I kept scraping the frame when cornering. So I raised her back up and had a custom tandem saddle with a small backrest made. You simply unscrew the stock saddle and screw in the custom one. The only problem is that I don't have a girlfriend anymore so that addition has seen zero use.

View attachment 244204

The bike came with Vance and Hines Exhaust. Bomb! Lucky me. I added the Cobra Powrflo Air Filter as it is slightly lower profile than the stock item which caught my right knee and was bothersome. This looks way better in my opinion and was plug-and-play. No other adjustments were required.

View attachment 244205

Some other changes you may notice in the picture below are the hand grips, the low-profile mirrors, the footrests, the side saddle bag, the windshield, and the speakers.

View attachment 244206

I find the stock saddle good for about 50 miles and then things start going numb. Might be time to change this one out to an aftermarket soon.

View attachment 244207

I think I made a mistake with the footrests that I chose. They work but I am not convinced they complement the bike's style so if you have any suggestions that you have seen, please share your ideas with me. I definitely like clean lines and less is more to me.

View attachment 244208

View attachment 244209

View attachment 244210

View attachment 244211

View attachment 244212

View attachment 244213

View attachment 244204

View attachment 244205

View attachment 244206

View attachment 244207

View attachment 244208

View attachment 244209

View attachment 244210

View attachment 244211

View attachment 244212

View attachment 244213

View attachment 244204

View attachment 244205

View attachment 244206

View attachment 244207

View attachment 244208

View attachment 244209

View attachment 244210

View attachment 244211

View attachment 244212

View attachment 244213

View attachment 244204

View attachment 244205

View attachment 244206

View attachment 244207

View attachment 244208

View attachment 244209

View attachment 244210

View attachment 244211

View attachment 244212

View attachment 244213

View attachment 244204

View attachment 244205

View attachment 244206

View attachment 244207

View attachment 244208

View attachment 244209

View attachment 244210

View attachment 244211

View attachment 244212

View attachment 244213
Be Safe

View attachment 244204

View attachment 244205

View attachment 244206

View attachment 244207

View attachment 244208

View attachment 244209

View attachment 244210

View attachment 244211

View attachment 244212

View attachment 244213
Nice bike and mods. Welcome to the forum, where some great folks exist for advice, suggestions, and a genuine love for the Fury. Yes, the lines drew alot of us in, I'm sure. A question and comment:
1) you said the Cobra air was plug and play: no retuning, and any boost in your HP?
2) Yes, to pegs. I went with Krator stillettos, which are very comfy--and minimal vibration. The length is nice for my size 13 big feet.
Take care out there. NO worries on the lady. One will be there soon........ :)
Automotive design Eyewear Font Personal protective equipment Bicycle part

·
Registered
2011 Fury
974 Posts
Be Safe

Nice bike and mods. Welcome to the forum, where some great folks exist for advice, suggestions, and a genuine love for the Fury. Yes, the lines drew alot of us in, I'm sure. A question and comment:
1) you said the Cobra air was plug and play: no retuning, and any boost in your HP?
2) Yes, to pegs. I went with Krator stillettos, which are very comfy--and minimal vibration. The length is nice for my size 13 big feet.
Take care out there. NO worries on the lady. One will be there soon........ :) View attachment 244224
I have these in kuryaken on the passenger pegs. Used to be in front too but switched to the FW controls so they’re only on the rear. Very good, great size, no complaints from me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts