Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys keep your fury clean and shiny, especially the plastic chrome parts?

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
The painter that did my VTX and is going to do my Fury said NEVER use dishwashing soap because of the phosphates and additives in the soap. I use Honda Spray and Clean usually, Maquires car wash if really dirty. ONLY micro fiber cloths

·
Registered
53 Posts
everyday when I ride i use a california duster and mcguires detail spray to keep her shiney. When I do wash her i use the mr clean no dry kit (WORKS GREAT) and then liquid glass (pep boys) for a show quality shine.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I use Maguires Spray Detail with only micro fiber towels and for all the chrome I use Mother Chrome Polish with a applicator followed by a micro fiber towel. If you get black boot marks on the casing the chrome polish takes it right off... I found that out because redspawn came over and he had some boot marks... worked great. I bought a black polish kit (I believe it is made by Turtle Wax... will check when I get home) that helps cover small scratchs like those little ones from people that run their fat fingers over the paint... it is a three part kit that I found at Auto Zone. As for dirty days I was my bike with Mothers or Maguires wash.

·
Premium Member
13,740 Posts
Dish soap & water :) And sometimes I'll follow up with some spray cleaner/wax stuff.
dishwasher liquid is made to cut grease and wax.it will cut all the wax off your bike.use a good automotive soap and a good grade of wax.that is all you need.i use the same spray wax that nascar uses.you can use it on every part of the bike.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I use a good spray detailer there are many and I use ProtectAll the very best wax that you can find. It works on everything spray it down wip it off.

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
A leaf blower will save a lot of dry time. I use any soap that is approved for cars.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
A good car soap to wash it when it is really dirty and Maguires quick detailer to shine it up before and after a ride.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Have to agree with Chopped on the soap... anything that does not leave a film.
As for the wax that I talked about earlier for those fellow Black Fury owners... It is from Turtle Wax and it is called The Black Box.... Great stuff for those small clear coat scratchs. It comes out of the bottle black so not sure for other color bikes... sorry guys. :cool:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I use the Mr. Clean automotive cleaning kit. It filters the water when you rinse the bike so the junk in the water that tends to create spots is removed. Since using this kit, I have let my bike air dry and then polish it with Ice solid wax.

Works well for me. :cool:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ok guess I'll stop using dishsoap... had no idea I was killing the paint/clearcoat :( Any thoughts on what wash to use?
Any high quality automotive car wash works for me... if I'm feeling rich, I'll go out and buy the refills for the Mr. Clean Car Wash System. Wax as needed... go back over the chrome with the Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I use the meguires motorcycle line of cleaners, waxes, and quick detailers. Not sure if there is a difference from the car line but the bottles are smaller and travel on road trips well :) I don't have any of the stock plastic left except the head cover pieces so I use their chrome polish on everything chrome. After what I was charged to have everything chromes I don't even want a water spot on it lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts