Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Nooooo to chrome polish! It's abrasive. I use Pledge. I prefer Lemon Pledge but it doesn't matter. I spray it on my fingers and rub it on plasti-chrome and everything else. That avoids overspray. Wipe with micro-fibre. Go back over it in a few minutes to take out any streaks. Gets boot scuff marks off and shines everything, plasti-chrome, lines, seat, paint between waxing, everything.

· Super Moderator
6,554 Posts
Never use any metal polish on chromed plastic. On anything that won't wash off I use Armor All "high performance wax and polish" as it's full of Carnuba wax and is so gentle is does not scratch plastic. About AU $14 for 500ml.

Otherwise I use Armor All "Butter Wax" once a month to keep the chrome looking good. Again it's about AU $14 for 500ml.

I find it is as good as the expensive (in AU) US products and much cheaper. Both products are great for the rest of the bike too.

check them out here
Armor All

· Premium Member
455 Posts
I bought stuff called S100. A friend of mine used it on his bike and he said good things about it. I haven't used it yet, but it is supposed to be safe on all surfaces of the bike from paint on tank to plastichrome. The bike has to be cool to use it or it will spot from what the directions say. Rinse really well and fire up the leaf blower. I used never dull on the plastichrome and didn't notice a difference, but I think I will try Pledge from now on.

· Premium Member
246 Posts

· Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I bought a chrome polish and then treatment from the motorcycle swap meet and both work great on the chrome plastic and even better on the real chrome. After putting the finisher on which wipes off soooo easy future rain or dirt wipe off easily

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
what is everyone using on the plastic chrome on there fury? wax or a chrome polish? Im not to sure since its plastic.
On the Mother's chrome polish, it specifically states to not use it on Plastic... Just use the polish from the Honda dealer, the Black and Pink bottle... They use it to polish up the bikes for the floor to attract customers, so you'd figure it's not that bad... right?! Been using in it for almost a year now, never washed my bike 'cept in the rain... :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.