Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
After a bit of advice. My Fury has 9000 Miles on the clock it has the correct oil in it and the cable it self is adjusted correctly however if I push the bike in forth or fifth the clutch slips. I can't imagine the clutch plates need replacing after such limited milage has anyone else had similar issues or does anyone know of anything else I can try before I start taking the clutch apart
Ride Safe All
Rob

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I'm no expert on clutches, hopefully @krashDH is around, he's done some impressive work with clutches, but how much play do you have in your clutch cable? After 9000 miles I'm pretty sure you have thought of that, though.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Hi All
After a bit of advice. My Fury has 9000 Miles on the clock it has the correct oil in it and the cable it self is adjusted correctly however if I push the bike in forth or fifth the clutch slips. I can't imagine the clutch plates need replacing after such limited milage has anyone else had similar issues or does anyone know of anything else I can try before I start taking the clutch apart
Ride Safe All
Rob
9k is approximately when I changed mine, but more was going on than just a standard slipping issue. Are you the original owner of the bike? If not, no matter what the PO tells you, it probably didn't live an easy life. Have a read:

If you view it on mobile the pictures will show if you click on them, if you view them all on a computer they will all be blurred out by Photobucket hostage situation #2

·
Registered
452 Posts
if I push the bike in forth or fifth the clutch slips.

WTF? That's no way to tell if your clutch is going out. And what do you mean it's slipping? You CAN push a bike when it's in the higher gears -- but the gears are not slipping.

Unless by "push" you mean "twist the throttle really hard while at speed" -- but you really should do that test in 1st - 3rd gear. 9K is ridiculous time to need to change the clutch, even on a hardley. Do some more research.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
WTF? That's no way to tell if your clutch is going out. And what do you mean it's slipping? You CAN push a bike when it's in the higher gears -- but the gears are not slipping.

Unless by "push" you mean "twist the throttle really hard while at speed" -- but you really should do that test in 1st - 3rd gear. 9K is ridiculous time to need to change the clutch, even on a hardley. Do some more research.
Hey Vic he's got a bunch of threads going about the same issue that go into more detail that I've helped him out on...this one is kind of void. Not sure if OP knows how to navigate the site so much, but he's already changed the clutch pack out with what looks to be the wrong one anyway.

9k is ridiculous to have to change out a clutch pack, but I had to change mine out around that time too. I don't think it lived an easy life before me. I didn't have the slipping issues, but when I removed my OEM one the steels and disks looked beat, colored, and warped.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Sorry when I mean push its in the context of twisting the throttle and when a clutch starts to slip you notice it more in higher gears on inspection of the clutch the springs were sitting proud and were not torqued anywhere near what they should be so rather than the clutch failing it looks more like a error by the person who had the clutch apart last it’s a long story with wrong parts being sent to me but all good now

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Sorry when I mean push its in the context of twisting the throttle and when a clutch starts to slip you notice it more in higher gears on inspection of the clutch the springs were sitting proud and were not torqued anywhere near what they should be so rather than the clutch failing it looks more like a error by the person who had the clutch apart last it’s a long story with wrong parts being sent to me but all good now
Just as a recommendation in the future for all of our sanity that want to help you out, start only one thread and keep adding to it if you have related issues...Ie you have individual threads about your clutch slipping, then the springs/bolts sitting proud, then the disk issue we were going over. Keep all of that in one thread

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just as a recommendation in the future for all of our sanity that want to help you out, start only one thread and keep adding to it if you have related issues...Ie you have individual threads about your clutch slipping, then the springs/bolts sitting proud, then the disk issue we were going over. Keep all of that in one thread
Will do sorry but new to this forum malarkey and computers on a whole I’m getting there though

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey Vic he's got a bunch of threads going about the same issue that go into more detail that I've helped him out on...this one is kind of void. Not sure if OP knows how to navigate the site so much, but he's already changed the clutch pack out with what looks to be the wrong one anyway.

9k is ridiculous to have to change out a clutch pack, but I had to change mine out around that time too. I don't think it lived an easy life before me. I didn't have the slipping issues, but when I removed my OEM one the steels and disks looked beat, colored, and warped.
Yeah, I guess some people DO thrash their bikes hard. Mainly it was the symptom he was using that concerned me.
Thanks Krash.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Okay, gotcha. Thanks and good luck, sounds like you've had a go of it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you Vic got it all back together today and went for a 100 mile round trip all looking good I'm back in my happy place. 👍🏻

1 - 12 of 12 Posts