Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried any of these cobra billet covers?

Cobra Chrome Billet Covers - Honda VTX1300 /VTX1800 Cobra Competition Accessories

I like the chrome billet; but at 183.77 they're a fair bit more than the 3-piece plastic set from kuryakyn at about $84, and three piece willie and max set at $75. The willie and max are abs (I assume kury is also), but specify they're show-chromed; sound pretty good for the $$.

wondering if the billet's worth all the extra moolah?

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
I have the Honda OEM installed with the V design.
I seen others with Kury one in pictures

They are made of metal & chromed. Your paying for the metal and chroming.
They stick on with super strong adhesive backing. It states you should not apply in below 70 degree temp's and not to ride for 24 hours after installing

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was the billet any good

I have the Honda OEM installed with the V design.
I seen others with Kury one in pictures

They are made of metal & chromed. Your paying for the metal and chroming.
They stick on with super strong adhesive backing. It states you should not apply in below 70 degree temp's and not to ride for 24 hours after installing
I seem to remember a post from awhile ago from someone who said they ordered the honda billet covers and weren't happy with the quality of the billet. How are yours? And did they have a left side cover? Think I only saw two in the honda accessories?

·
Registered
17 Posts
honda covers

I bought the honda covers, the first large cover I recieved was not so nice. My dealer did warranty it and I am satisfied with them. The smaller of the two will work on the left side if you want to cover the honda emblem. Make sure you are happy with them they are a M.F.er to get off.

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Blufury I went with Willie and Max, different and nice quality

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
if you go with willie and max you will need all 3, the LH small engine cover, timing cover and the clutch cover (3 different part numbers listed on Phat parts or cruzer customs site

1 - 11 of 11 Posts