Honda Fury Forums: banner

clutch

4K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Clueless 
#1 ·
Why didn't Honda use a hydraulic clutch? Direct cable is going to hurt a lot of left hands!

#6 ·
HA! If you're complaining about this clutch, my Ducati's clutch was about 10 times stiffer. Personally, I would be able to grip the Fury's clutch all day long with no problems.

#7 ·
i'm not complaining about the clutch being stiff to pull but i'm having issues with shifting into 2nd. It seems to be getting caught in neutral and having to double clutch to get it to shift. just not shifting as smooth as i hear people talk about or as smooth as my VTX 1300r did either.

#11 ·
Now i'm not a certified honda mechanic, but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night...

sounds to me like a simple clutch cable adjustment too.

my clutch works smooth as silk as well. the owners manual shows how to adjust that, or take it to the dealer if your not comfortable doing it yourself

#18 ·
I had the issue, and still do at times, If i shift kinda slow it hangs up there and between 4th and 5th. If i notice it a bit i adjust the cable tighter and all is back to being good

#15 ·
I just installed a "Clutch Pull Relief" from VTX Home. Inexpensive and quick shipping. I measured clutch pull with a fish scale and got about 18 pounds on the stock setup and 10 pounds after. The reason I went for this is for trips like riding through Sturgis during the rally (over an hour and maybe 100 clutch pulls) or riding in parades where it is all start/stop. Did it myself (not a wrencher) and it took me over an hour to grind the damned rivet out. Didn't want to screw up the piece. The rivet puller you can rent from Glen is probably a better program. Nice easy pull now.

#16 ·
I just installed a "Clutch Pull Relief" from VTX Home. Inexpensive and quick shipping. I measured clutch pull with a fish scale and got about 18 pounds on the stock setup and 10 pounds after. The reason I went for this is for trips like riding through Sturgis during the rally (over an hour and maybe 100 clutch pulls) or riding in parades where it is all start/stop. Did it myself (not a wrencher) and it took me over an hour to grind the damned rivet out. Didn't want to screw up the piece. The rivet puller you can rent from Glen is probably a better program. Nice easy pull now.
Will that work with the Kury engine cover?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.