Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to an old friend from many years ago. (he found me on Facebook)
about riding and he brought speed shifting. I had completely forgotten about this technique.
Do you guys know what im talking about? Ever used this technique?
You just put a little upward pressure on the shift lever between shifts and back off the throttle and she'll slide right into the next gear.

Registered
I was talking to an old friend from many years ago. (he found me on Facebook)
about riding and he brought speed shifting. I had completely forgotten about this technique.
Do you guys know what im talking about? Ever used this technique?
You just put a little upward pressure on the shift lever between shifts and back off the throttle and she'll slide right into the next gear.
I ride like this literally all the time. Except for the 1st to 2nd shift, as it can be a little rough. Shift are quicker this way also

Reactions: Gizmo and powgenman

Registered
It's the same as float shifting in a truck, rev matching, etc. I use it all the time in the Cummins. If you know what you're doing, it's easy on your transmission and synchros. If not tough, it can be a world of hurt.

For me on a bike, it's easy since I learned the technique on trucks. The concept is the same. Just need to transfer it to a motorcycle. Sometimes I do it on accident on the bike because I'm always listening to the engine when I ride. Halfway through the gears I realize I haven't used the clutch at all..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts