Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how and what to use to get the baffles out of the cobra swepts? I see there are screws holding them but how do you get up in the pipe to pull them out? also do you have to remove the heat sheilds to do it. Thx

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had the same problem. I used a bent screwdriver and got one out but had to take pipes off to get the other one.. If I had to do it again, I would take pipes off right away and dont mess with it. So much easier..well live and learn I guess..good luck

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ruppy, once you removed the screw on the side, how did you use the screwdriver to get the baffle out, did you just grab the edge with the bent screwdriver?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yeah but if it dont come out right away just take the pipes off. Mine were really hard to get out, I couldnt believe it

·
Registered
427 Posts
Went to bike night the other week, first week I got my swepts. I followed home a big dog, thinking man that bike is crazy mean and loud, I felt tiny next to him. I took my baffles out today...I really think I can hang, man it really sounds like a chopper..AWESOME

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, Thats what I'm talking about! You get any back fire, does it run ok? I like the louder sound but kills me to have to do ten other things like remove AIS, fuel controller, etc. just to get the louder sound

·
Registered
427 Posts
Got a little bit of backfire but very little. It really sounds mean, Love the attention, hopefully not to much!!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
U bout got me there, i may be in on the baffles removed

·
Registered
427 Posts
I look at it this way, you can always put them back in, but you will like it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
done, gonna do it this weekend, gotta have a little rumble to em thx

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
good question, my mechanic told me once they are out he is 99% sure I would never get them back in. If I take them out they will be history

·
Registered
204 Posts
hey i used a long pair of pliers with the curved end and the came right out u may also first use a small screw driver in the hole u take the screw out of to get them moveing that is what i did. came out easy.

·
Premium Member
13,714 Posts
take a peice of 1/4 inch steel tube and bend it 90 degrees,hook a pair of vice grips on it.stick the hook end in one of the holes and tap with a hammer.ten minuts and they are out.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Took mine out last night, they are in there tight. Top pipe came right out with a spring puller tool, lower front pipe, different story had to remove that shield and pipe to beat it out with a 1/2 extension. Got to say it is much louder. took it for a short run and no issues, ran like a bat out of hell. I am not running the fi2000 or aftermarket air, still ran great no back fire yet. I didn't see anything about baffle removal in the instructions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts