Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Honda Fury
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling a newer fuel controller, still set to Cobra default settings. My bike seemed to be running rich with it's particular setup, so I decided to run without it. Asking $150 obo.

Automotive lighting Peripheral Cable Eyewear Audio equipment

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Grille Bumper

Eyebrow Eye Writing implement Microphone Eyewear

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
I have to admit that I am surprised that you think the bike is running rich with an aftermarket high flow air cleaner. When I had the old three pot controller with a spike air cleaner and a stock US muffler I was running 2-3-4 on the pots. The lowest setting any of us used was 1-2-2 and you appear to be using 1-2-0. Running lean will lead to engine damage so you may wish to rethink removing your fuel controller.

·
Registered
2011 Fury
414 Posts
Agreed, I just kicked mine up to 2.3.4 before going to Myrtle and wow total difference, I did notice a little black smoke on startup so that would tell me I’m a little rich. So stock couldn’t be running rich. Be careful you can run rich all u want but you can only run lean once!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have to admit that I am surprised that you think the bike is running rich with an aftermarket high flow air cleaner. When I had the old three pot controller with a spike air cleaner and a stock US muffler I was running 2-3-4 on the pots. The lowest setting any of us used was 1-2-2 and you appear to be using 1-2-0. Running lean will lead to engine damage so you may wish to rethink removing your fuel controller.
2015 Fury bought used. Has a Cobra intake, Cobra swept exhaust and Fi2000 and only get popping on hard de-acceleration. (The fuel controller is set at 1-2-0). Have had the bike for about 2 years now and have put plenty of miles on her. Need some feedback concerning my Fi2000 setup ... don't want to damage the engine. Do I reset the pots to 1-2-2 or go with the 2-3-4, The bike runs GOOD ... from what I can tell. (No 'funny' noises or black smoke) Thanks

·
Registered
2011 Fury
414 Posts
2015 Fury bought used. Has a Cobra intake, Cobra swept exhaust and Fi2000 and only get popping on hard de-acceleration. (The fuel controller is set at 1-2-0). Have had the bike for about 2 years now and have put plenty of miles on her. Need some feedback concerning my Fi2000 setup ... don't want to damage the engine. Do I reset the pots to 1-2-2 or go with the 2-3-4, The bike runs GOOD ... from what I can tell. (No 'funny' noises or black smoke) Thanks
I have the same exact setup, move it up to 2.3.4 trust me 😈
It was at 1.2.0 when I bought her, I moved it to 1.2.2 when I put the swepts on and thought both were great.... until I read the tuning thread here, move her up to 2.3.4 and there’s no going back. Moving the pots up just richens the mix so no damage other than a fouled plug maybe. I’ll be pulling mine in a few weeks to change, I’ll post pics when I do BUT 2.3.4 Does give the bike a more snappy feel and albeit a little change but does make throttle more responsive. Go for it Gizmo, you cal always turn it back.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
@Furious_Mike pretty much said it all. For sure try bumping up the pots. At first I tried the "old standard" of 1-2-2 but the bike didn't feel right and it ran worse than stock so I started experimenting and eventually settled on 2-3-4. Once I put my settings out on the forum other members started trying it out and agreed with the settings I found. One of our members went even further to 3-4-5 and enjoyed that setting. As a foot note I never had any black smoke, even at startup.

·
Registered
434 Posts
@Furious_Mike pretty much said it all. For sure try bumping up the pots. At first I tried the "old standard" of 1-2-2 but the bike didn't feel right and it ran worse than stock so I started experimenting and eventually settled on 2-3-4. Once I put my settings out on the forum other members started trying it out and agreed with the settings I found. One of our members went even further to 3-4-5 and enjoyed that setting. As a foot note I never had any black smoke, even at startup.
Thanks for the info, MUCH APPRECIATE THE HELP!!

·
Registered
2011 Fury
414 Posts
It was your input on an old post that made me change it. So do I get a “rebel“ tag now?😂 yeah black smoke is probably just the plugs... gonna change me out soon.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
It was your input on an old post that made me change it. So do I get a “rebel“ tag now?😂 yeah black smoke is probably just the plugs... gonna change me out soon.
Yes you are a qualified rebel now. ;) I switched out to iridium plugs when my plugs were due for replacement. I have never had a problem with them and they are good at resisting fouling, not that my Fury ever had a problem with fouling plugs. The iridium plugs last a very long time so they save money in the end but I can't say I noticed any improvement over the stock plugs performance wise.

My previous bike used to foul plugs regularly even with the mixtures set correctly (it had carbs) so I switched out to iridium on it and that was the end of the fouling. That old bike was a piece of junk. It fouled the plugs on the way to work one day right in the middle of rush hour traffic. With no stopping on all lanes I had to push the bike into a side street and swap the plugs over to the spare set I carried. Not fun, just what I wanted, to turn up to work greasy and smelling of fuel. Then again I suppose that proved to my work mates I was a real biker turning up like that.......LOL

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have the same exact setup, move it up to 2.3.4 trust me 😈
It was at 1.2.0 when I bought her, I moved it to 1.2.2 when I put the swepts on and thought both were great.... until I read the tuning thread here, move her up to 2.3.4 and there’s no going back. Moving the pots up just richens the mix so no damage other than a fouled plug maybe. I’ll be pulling mine in a few weeks to change, I’ll post pics when I do BUT 2.3.4 Does give the bike a more snappy feel and albeit a little change but does make throttle more responsive. Go for it Gizmo, you cal always turn it back.
Switched the pots from 1-2-0 to 2-3-4 and took her around the block, she seems to run BETTER. Will be heading towards Daytona for Bikeweek (just 90 miles South of me), this weekend and then I'll know IF it's a keeper! (Interstate I-95 will tell the tale). Again thanks for the advice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts