Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got so tired of farting around with the Cobra Fi2000R fuel controller I installed with my Cobra swept pipes and S&S teardrop air intake that I finally broke down and spent the extra cash to get a Power Commander V (PCV) put on the bike and have it dyno'd by Devil Dawg Custom Cycles in Chantilly, VA. I just picked the bike up after the tuning and...MAN it runs like a scorched hare! No more popping and backfiring on decel and it just hauls ass!

I'm going to put the Cobra F1200R up for sale. What a waste....

Get the PCV if you can. It made all the difference for me!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Did you also install PAIR valve block off plates? I plan on getting a PC-V very soon.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Just my opinion, but I bet they could have got the bike running just as good with the Fi2000. The Fi2000 is taking a lot of bashing because it is a challenge to get the pots set correctly. Mine could probably use some fine tuning, but I think the bike runs good. Glad to hear you’re happy with it and ultimately, that is all that really matters. What were your pot settings when you changed it out?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I have the fi2000, cobra swept, and barons big air kit.
I had honda install all of it and I have never had a problem with the bikes performance.
No hesitation, no back firing, no needing to start the bike twice, I give it gas and it pulls.
By no means do I mean to offend anyone but like "dickc1853" I let the pro's do it. My bike runs flawless. It seems that a lot of guys have problems that try do do it by them selves.
This is part of the reason I am worried about cutting the baffles.
I am sure because of screwing with the back pressure it will run different.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have pair block offs, twisted spike a/c and Roadburner Street Pros. I was running the Fi2000r at 1-2-1.5 with no problems and ran fine. I used to have a R1 with a PCV so I am familiar with it and so I wanted to try one on because I felt it would be more precise so I installed it and downloaded the map from Power Commander web site for "Sampson Warlord II Hellraisers with Thunder Tornado Exhaust" because that seemed similar to my set up. Can't say it runs any better now, but does run very well with the PCV and this map. And later if I change something or want to get a custom map done on a dyno, I can do that too.

Guess I'll be selling a Cobra Fi2000R in perfect condition if anyone wants one. I paid $200. How about $150 for this one with about 100 mi on it and in perfect condition? PM me if interested. Paypal.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
How long have you been running that setup Deanohh and are you having any problems? I just installed the PCV, PAIR block offs and a twisted spike and I am running cobra swepts with high flow baffles. I am about to re map my power commander to either the Warlord/thunder map or the bub jug/thunder map.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I don't use or need ANY maps or dyno's. I'm running the Cobra Fi2000r and an AFR Gauge and probes. My A/F mix is spot-on at ALL points in the powerband and under ANY load conditions; it doesn't get any better than that!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I hear alot of bashing on the fi2000 also. My bike is always in its prime. I have the swepts, powerflo and the fi on the default setting. Not a fart of popping I get. If its not screwed up I leave it alone. I dont like to experiment with something I dont understand how to tweek. The lag at first crack of the throttle is gone. Thats all I wanted.

·
Registered
108 Posts
How long have you been running that setup Deanohh and are you having any problems? I just installed the PCV, PAIR block offs and a twisted spike and I am running cobra swepts with high flow baffles. I am about to re map my power commander to either the Warlord/thunder map or the bub jug/thunder map.
I'm not bashing the Cobra... it works fine for a lot of us and I had no problem with it except when I had it turned up too high. I am familiar with the PCV that I had on another bike and just chose to go with the PCV for now.

The 2 maps for the Bub and the Sampson are very similar... they have their highs and lows in the same areas. I chose the Sampson version because in the highest areas the fuel adds were slightly higher. I have been running this for about 200-300 miles around town and freeway and it starts, accelerates and cruises real good. I have not tried the Bub version 'cause I'm satisfied with the way it is.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I'm not bashing the Cobra... it works fine for a lot of us and I had no problem with it except when I had it turned up too high. I am familiar with the PCV that I had on another bike and just chose to go with the PCV for now.

The 2 maps for the Bub and the Sampson are very similar... they have their highs and lows in the same areas. I chose the Sampson version because in the highest areas the fuel adds were slightly higher. I have been running this for about 200-300 miles around town and freeway and it starts, accelerates and cruises real good. I have not tried the Bub version 'cause I'm satisfied with the way it is.
Thanks for the info, I was comparing the 2 maps the other day and came to the same conclusion. ;)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I don't use or need ANY maps or dyno's. I'm running the Cobra Fi2000r and an AFR Gauge and probes. My A/F mix is spot-on at ALL points in the powerband and under ANY load conditions; it doesn't get any better than that!

Cheers
No problems with my Fi2000R either. Barfury, what are your pots set at? If I remember correctly, I had to adjust mine after the Cobra PowerFlo install, so I think I'm at 2-3-1 and it seems to be running as well as it ever has.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
No problems with my Fi2000R either. Barfury, what are your pots set at?
I'm at 1-2-2, Steveo. AFR Gauge says I'm fat, dumb, and happy.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
my fr is at 1-2-2 also.runs great.i have the cobra swepts and spike intake.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
my fr is at 1-2-2 also.runs great.i have the cobra swepts and spike intake.
Hmm....so basically, you guys just bumped up the last pot two positions from factory base. When I added the air intake, the bike seemed like it lost a lot of "pep" and ran really doggy. After screwin' with it a while, my change of one up on each pot from factory base seemed to make it run the best. I hope I'm not too rich, but I don't think I am.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I guess that just means the air pressure is different on Mars then it is in Virgina... :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts