Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody tell me if I already got the ghul reflash done would it be beneficial to also have a cobra FI2000 controller

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I don't see why you would want to do both. One of the points of doing the reflash is so you can set things how you would want, including things the cobra can't touch like the fan and idle speed, without having a piggy back controller attempting to override the system. Just do the reflash and be done.

Reactions: FURY-S1 and Gizmo

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
That's what I figured but wanted to get a second opinion thank you
Usually stacking programs and controllers like that, cars, trucks, or motorcycle alike, is a recipe for disaster. The back end programming is different and stacking usually leads to clashing and ECU confusion.

Good way to damage engine internals too. Seen it happen.

Reactions: Furi15 and Gizmo

·
Super Moderator
3,373 Posts
I don't know how Cobra works as I have the Power Commander 5.

The PC5 lets me set a flat map for everything (do not adjust the ECU map), so in theory I could install an ECU modified with Don's tune, then use the PC5 to tweak that tune. I could not use any pre-existing maps because the starting point would now be Don's tune, not Honda's tune.

The benefit with a PC5 would be you could switch between Don's tune and your modifications to Don's tune by using a toggle switch, if I remember correctly.

The risk is that aftermarket controllers (and often the wiring changes) have a much higher failure rate than Honda ECUs, so "odd things can happen at inopportune moments."

odd_things.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts