Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m new to posting anything anywhere. I bought me a 2010 Fury which came with Cobra PowrFlo filter and Cobra swept muffler. I love the way it looks and sounds. But after few weeks after riding her for a while I checked if I had a fuel controller for the extra air. No she doesn’t have one. Note no sticker found on the ECU for any remapping or other.
My question is I got a Cobra fuel controller when I had my 2008 Suzuki 2008 Boulevard I took it off when I got T-bones and I had a week from when I installed it.
If I would cut the ends off and soldered directly would it still work or is it programmed differently.
also note I spent all my refund on buying this motorcycle I would feel guilty (family) on spending any more money on it.
Thank you in advance any in put.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi I’m new to posting anything anywhere. I bought me a 2010 Fury which came with Cobra PowrFlo filter and Cobra swept muffler. I love the way it looks and sounds. But after few weeks after riding her for a while I checked if I had a fuel controller for the extra air. No she doesn’t have one. Note no sticker found on the ECU for any remapping or other.
My question is I got a Cobra fuel controller when I had my 2008 Suzuki 2008 Boulevard I took it off when I got T-bones and I had a week from when I installed it.
If I would cut the ends off and soldered directly would it still work or is it programmed differently.
also note I spent all my refund on buying this motorcycle I would feel guilty (family) on spending any more money on it.
Thank you in advance any in put.
I discovered that my 2015 Fury prior owner had installed the Cobra F12000R Fuel controller and pipes. I did check the 'settings' of the controller and it was set to default 1-2-0 and the bike runs FINE! She hauls butt AND also gets 50+ mpg to boot. Checkout 'Fuelly' online and you will see that the Fury(s) gets roughly 44 mpg EXCEPT mine. If you do decide to reinstall your controller, let us know how it goes. In my opinion, well worth the cost! (On a side note: with the setup that I've got ... she DEFINITELY pops 'most of the time' whenever I de-accelerate which probably 'might' bother other people but not me!)

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I discovered that my 2015 Fury prior owner had installed the Cobra F12000R Fuel controller and pipes. I did check the 'settings' of the controller and it was set to default 1-2-0 and the bike runs FINE! She hauls butt AND also gets 50+ mpg to boot. Checkout 'Fuelly' online and you will see that the Fury(s) gets roughly 44 mpg EXCEPT mine. If you do decide to reinstall your controller, let us know how it goes. In my opinion, well worth the cost! (On a side note: with the setup that I've got ... she DEFINITELY pops 'most of the time' whenever I de-accelerate which probably 'might' bother other people but not me!)
When the three pot tuners like yours came out 1-2-2 was a popular setting. I found that not to be enough fuel for my bike with a spike air cleaner and a stock US muffler, so I went up to 2-3-3 and then 2-3-4. Don't be afraid to crank the controller up. You will be surprised at the results.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When the three pot tuners like yours came out 1-2-2 was a popular setting. I found that not to be enough fuel for my bike with a spike air cleaner and a stock US muffler, so I went up to 2-3-3 and then 2-3-4. Don't be afraid to crank the controller up. You will be surprised at the results.
Wow Thank you for replaying fast. My issue is that I got a cobra air filter and mufflers and no fuel controller.
I wondering if clip the ends to my old Suzuki 2008 Boulevard setting around would it work on my 2010 fury.
Thank you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow Thank you for replaying fast. My issue is that I got a cobra air filter and mufflers and no fuel controller.
I wondering if clip the ends to my old Suzuki 2008 Boulevard setting around would it work on my 2010 fury.
Thank you.
Won't know until you try!! And as macxpert said, trial and error on the adjustments to the pots.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I swap out the connectors. All three light turn on but didn’t turn off. I tried to get wiring diagram from cobra and they couldn’t give me it because they didn’t want me burning up my computer. But Isn’t the tuner just a regulator which just change the time of the injector affect the amount of fuel going into the cylinder. Think of trying again but he got me thinking that I might burn my computer. Any ideas?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I swap out the connectors. All three light turn on but didn’t turn off. I tried to get wiring diagram from cobra and they couldn’t give me it because they didn’t want me burning up my computer. But Isn’t the tuner just a regulator which just change the time of the injector affect the amount of fuel going into the cylinder. Think of trying again but he got me thinking that I might burn my computer. Any ideas?
Try checking with Cobra and verify that the model # (Cobra F12000R Fuel Controller) you have WILL work with the Fury. Just a shot in the dark because I don't know IF model #s changed based on the manufacture/model of the bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
You wont get a circuit diagram for the controller because Cobra don't make the controllers and these days everyone worries about their intellectual property. The old three pot controller is very cheap used so your best option is to sell your old one and buy one for a Fury. A damaged ECU will cost big money to replace so it's not worth trying to save a few dollars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts