Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted the Cobra light bar?
What did you think of the look & is it worth the money?

Dave.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
I've seen it in photos only. I guess it's another option choice but to me it seems all wrong for this style bike. I think a better look would be a couple small bullets driving lights mounted on the forks. I think that would be a more stylish look for the bike than a light bar. What do I know! To each their own.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Looks too busy...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone fitted the Cobra light bar?
What did you think of the look & is it worth the money?

Dave.
I asked this question over 3 years ago, the answers were in the negative, since then I have seen photos of about 6 or 7 Fury's on the forum which have had them fitted. I still like the look of them, but can't make up my mind about ordering a set.
I'd like to know if opinions have changed in the last 3 years?

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you like them Dave & it's part of the look you're trying to achieve, then that's all that matters.

However, since your looking for opinions........

I think it detracts from the minimalist front-end chopper-style personally.

Take care, H :cool:

·
Registered
938 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
a buddy of mine has one on his fury & has the honda windscreen on it too. it looks good, but i don't want one on mine. i would rather have it as a fairing though.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
I know a girl who has it on her Fury. I asked her how she likes it, and she says she LOVES it, and the night-time visibility was MUCH better. Truthfully, I thought I would hate the look of it, but it looks OK, and I am pretty critical of things like this.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah I am NOT feeling it on a Fury. My friends VTX yes, Fury NOOOOOO :)
Agree. Fury is a chopper. IMHO way too many fat cruiser parts getting bolted to them. Choppers were born of subtraction rather than addition.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wonder if people buy fully dressed bikes and start pulling parts off ? If I wanted a fairing and saddlebags and all the dressup I would have just got a bike with that on it. That's just my opinion. If you want a chopper with all that then buy the dressed bike and put 6" fork extensions on it. No offense to anyone but I think a lot of people buy a fury when that's not what they really want.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Greetings,

Well I'm installing the Cobra Straight Light Bar on my Fury today. Bring an older guy my night vision isn't very good especially on dimly lit WET streets! I'm going for all the help I can get!

OK, from the front it's starting to look like a Harley, but check out this view from the side. The design really blends in well with the stock headlight. So if you don't like the looks from the front then don't look at the front. :) I'll be in the back behind them and the front is for all those idiot drivers trying to run me over! Note I circled the position of the on/off switch in case anyone was interested.

The other side of the bar has a nice flat area of real estate. With full left wheel lock you have 4.5" of space between the bar and the fuel tank. A lot of toys could be added there e.g. camera mount, iPod, heck even a bottle holder. I was looking at making a special bracket attached to the instrument cluster to mount a GIPro DS digital gear indicator but it would install nicely there.

Remember those days when you played a space fighter video game for hours and then went for a ride in real life? Still in game mode you had to be careful not to go crazy behind a real vehicle. Still with all this lighting on the front I think of them more as lasers, plasma, and particle weapons...Who says old guys ever grow up?

Regards,
George

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
I prefer a safe older forum Fury night rider than a dead one. From what I read from other bros the cagers are deadly in the US, on their mobile phones, texting, caring little for other road users, same over here. We need to discuss the aesthetics, what looks good, what performs better, it's what it's all about, and the Fury has great potential for enhancements, it's what's drawn us to the bike. The modding bug is contagious. Ride safe bro and rubber side most definitely down, with ya lights on full!:D. This really is the mod that will have the Harley riders confused :confused: LOL:D

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Also some install comments...

The light bar comes in a blister pack with a thick plastic which totally envelopes the unit. It took 20 minutes with a sharp knife getting the plastic removed and being careful not to cut any of the wires or mar the chrome. The lamps were also 180 degrees from the normal position. I guess they did that to reduce the package size.

There doesn't seem to be any weather seals on the bottom of the lamps with just a wire coming out of the bottom. But then I didn't check the inside to see for sure. I'll probably add a little silicon seal once the wires are routed.

The spade lugs on the on/off switch are definitely exposed to the elements and I would recommend soldering the connections then using heat shrink tubing to seal them. I'm an electronics guy. I solder and seal everything.

Bolting the system on is quite simple and it's rock solid.

The wiring is exposed but one could easily drill holes and add weather grommets to run the them inside the bar for the cleanest install.

Dump the bike? The turn signal will go first, then the light bar depending upon the severity thus more protection for the front fork tubes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts