Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
43 Posts
Greetings,

Well I'm installing the Cobra Straight Light Bar on my Fury today. Bring an older guy my night vision isn't very good especially on dimly lit WET streets! I'm going for all the help I can get!

OK, from the front it's starting to look like a Harley, but check out this view from the side. The design really blends in well with the stock headlight. So if you don't like the looks from the front then don't look at the front. :) I'll be in the back behind them and the front is for all those idiot drivers trying to run me over! Note I circled the position of the on/off switch in case anyone was interested.

The other side of the bar has a nice flat area of real estate. With full left wheel lock you have 4.5" of space between the bar and the fuel tank. A lot of toys could be added there e.g. camera mount, iPod, heck even a bottle holder. I was looking at making a special bracket attached to the instrument cluster to mount a GIPro DS digital gear indicator but it would install nicely there.

Remember those days when you played a space fighter video game for hours and then went for a ride in real life? Still in game mode you had to be careful not to go crazy behind a real vehicle. Still with all this lighting on the front I think of them more as lasers, plasma, and particle weapons...Who says old guys ever grow up?

Regards,
George

· Premium Member
43 Posts
Also some install comments...

The light bar comes in a blister pack with a thick plastic which totally envelopes the unit. It took 20 minutes with a sharp knife getting the plastic removed and being careful not to cut any of the wires or mar the chrome. The lamps were also 180 degrees from the normal position. I guess they did that to reduce the package size.

There doesn't seem to be any weather seals on the bottom of the lamps with just a wire coming out of the bottom. But then I didn't check the inside to see for sure. I'll probably add a little silicon seal once the wires are routed.

The spade lugs on the on/off switch are definitely exposed to the elements and I would recommend soldering the connections then using heat shrink tubing to seal them. I'm an electronics guy. I solder and seal everything.

Bolting the system on is quite simple and it's rock solid.

The wiring is exposed but one could easily drill holes and add weather grommets to run the them inside the bar for the cleanest install.

Dump the bike? The turn signal will go first, then the light bar depending upon the severity thus more protection for the front fork tubes.

· Premium Member
43 Posts
Invicta,

Right you are about being safe. We all know why we fell in love with the Fury before even riding one as it's awesome looks touched our heart and emotions. Add in it's probably the safest most reliable mild chopper in the world and we were hooked.

But choppers are more about form than function even with the Fury. No matter what motorcycle one purchases the rider has to consider his needs and what is needed to drive safely especially in the USA...Well after watching all those crashes on You Tube in Russia I'm not sure I would ride a bus there! Thus a light bar on a Fury is a wise investment. You get to ride a great design and are a little safer doing it.

But if I start adding saddle bags, foot rest plates, and hi-rise Gorilla bars feel free to come over and shoot me!

Ride safe...Always your friend.

· Premium Member
43 Posts
Finally,

I got off my butt and completed the Cobra Light Bar install. I went for the orange/white wire (per the install procedure) in the headlamp so they go off when initiating a left turn signal (stay on with a right turn), but that's OK for now. I'll add a relay and go to the battery later. The good news is they stay on with low or high beam on the main light so I can light up the night.

I upgraded the standard installation procedures per soldering all the connections and used heat shrink tubing to weather seal them. Then I used electrician's tape rather than tie wraps to dress up the wires making a cleaner install. Quality electrician's tape sticks to plastic coated wires like Duct Tape if properly applied.

Note if you power inside the headlamp run the power wire first before installing the Light Bar. Once installed you cannot get to the main light bezel screw with a standard Allen wrench. Maybe OK with a Chapman set.

Now for the pictures! Come on and tell me this is not cool looking plus might save lives. Heck all Fury riders get people coming up to look at the bike. Now you can tell them it's a Harley and they'll go to the HD dealer looking for one!

Have Fun!
George

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.