Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've searched through the forum but couldn't find anything that really answered my question. I ordered a set of the cobra swept pipes but upon going through it I think they didn't send me all the parts. Has this happened to anyone else? According to the manifest there should be 4 bolts but I only count 3 in the hardware packaging.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes I think you are missing a bolt, like the long one in the package but a bit longer I believe. You may be able to use a stock bolt again, hard today because I bought my swepts used. The two small bolts attach the bracket to the rear of the pipes and two longer bolts and nuts attach the bracket to the frame just behind the engine.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yes you are definitely missing the 10mmx70mm bolt and lock nut no big deal any auto or hardware store got that for under $2

·
Super Moderator
3,407 Posts
On that, I have Cobra Swepts (straight, no baffles) and a Power Commander 5 (and other goodies). The bike was dyno-tuned with everything installed, so there are gobs of power everywhere (there is a solution to mid-range lag...)

--
Tails of my Trailer Park Lows:
My neighbor just came back from the dump with more than he took.

OhSheesh.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My plan originally was to modify the baffles like 460brevill does. From the video it looks to be the perfect compromise between the full baffles and no baffles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But just a random question for those of yall that have the cobra pipes, are they much louder than the stock exhaust? I've watched videos on YouTube but its hard to tell.

·
Super Moderator
3,407 Posts
Everyone's tastes are different, so you're probably going to have a different opinion than me:
  • Australian Stock = Too quiet.
  • US Stock = Quiet (@macxpert finds them perfect).
  • Cobra Swepts w/baffles = About right.
  • @Rope 's Cobra Slip-ons (that he claims are not fart cans) = Oh Yeah! (even with a headache, and makes the lowest frequency exhaust note out of a Fury) Neighbors can almost feel it idling.
  • Cobra Swepts no baffles = Custom chopper, never painful but really close some days. Neighbors will know you're idling off to work & trying to be quiet, even with their windows closed.
  • Short pipes = Painful. Most neighbors hate your bike.

·
Super Moderator
3,407 Posts
Where does the Vance and Hines slip one fall in that list hoggie? My opinion is in the “perfect” zone.
Everyone's tastes are different, so you're probably going to have a different opinion than me:
  • Australian Stock = Too quiet. Have to check the speedo warning lights to see if the bike is running.
  • US Stock = Quiet (@macxpert finds them perfect).
  • Cobra Swepts w/baffles = About right.
  • @Rope 's Cobra Slip-ons (that he claims are not fart cans) = Oh Yeah! (even with a headache, and makes the lowest frequency exhaust note out of a Fury) Neighbors can almost feel it idling. (Cobra Slip-Ons non-modified vs. Screamin' Eagle)
  • Vance & Hines Slip-Ons (some custom fitment work required) = Classic Harley "pop" loud enough to shock small flying bugs right out of the air, may sound brash to people with some hearing loss.
  • Cobra Swepts no baffles = Custom chopper, never painful but really close some days. Neighbors will know you're idling off to work & trying to be quiet, even with their windows closed. (baffles vs. removed)
  • Hard Krome Sideburners = Hollow Harley and fairly deep sound, loud.
  • Short pipes = Painful. Most neighbors hate your bike.
--
Tails of my Trailer Park Lows:
The neighbor's daughter can can climb a tree faster than I can get out of the recliner on my deck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts