Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one removed the baffels in the cobra swept pipes? i want to know how they sound without the baffels in

·
Premium Member
13,738 Posts
i took the baffels out the day they arrived.awsommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.sound.dont forget to reset you computer.disconnect battery and turn key on.let i drain for 30 minuts.restart engine and do not goose throttle for 15 minuts.ready to go.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Sound changed?

i took the baffels out the day they arrived.awsommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.sound.dont forget to reset you computer.disconnect battery and turn key on.let i drain for 30 minuts.restart engine and do not goose throttle for 15 minuts.ready to go.
Does it change the sound or hurt performance? I like the sound with them in, but I would not mind rattling some windows either as long as the sound and performance are not changed.

·
Premium Member
13,738 Posts
it adds a little power to it.hasnt hurt anything.i have a 5 year extended warrentee on mine,and dealer told me to run any pipe i wanted to.straits if i want to and it want hurt it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been told the ECM won't adjust to any open exhaust w/o a programmed change? It goes back to factory settings on shut down. All open exhaust systems give the MAP Programs to do this, why? New Car ECMs are this way. Dealer told a MAP Change doesn't change the Warranty. I'm new to the Bike tuning on ECMs. Gene

·
Registered
123 Posts
this bike doesn't have an adaptive or learning ecm, it uses pgm-fi, which means that the fuel and spark delivery is pre-programed, or "mapped" for all the various engine temp, coolant temp, air temp, barometric pressures, etc... that the bike will see, and disconnecting the battery doesn't reset anything. this is the reason you will need a "programmer" to adjust your fuel delivery if you make mods. i don't personally know how lean these bikes run from the factory, but based on the stringent regulations that govern such things, my guess is they run pretty lean, especially if you have a california compliant model. increasing the airflow without also increasing the fuel flow is likely playing with fire. at a minimum, i would disconect the air injection system and see if there is any decel popping and probably do a wot plug check. of course, you can do whatever you want with your bike ;)

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
this bike doesn't have an adaptive or learning ecm, it uses pgm-fi, which means that the fuel and spark delivery is pre-programed, or "mapped" for all the various engine temp, coolant temp, air temp, barometric pressures, etc... that the bike will see, and disconnecting the battery doesn't reset anything. ;)
Disconnecting the battery does reset the ECU, but it just clears any faults the dealer can also reset it with an HDS, but I agree completely with the rest,

·
Registered
123 Posts
Disconnecting the battery does reset the ECU, but it just clears any faults the dealer can also reset it with an HDS, but I agree completely with the rest,
Hmm, that's interesting, haven't gotten the manual yet but i assumed it would be similar to the vfr, which requires you to jump two connectors in a service plug to reset the fault codes. i thought that was so that if the bike lost power, it could still be diagnosed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts