Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added the Cobra pipes and the DynoJet commander to MyFury with the "out of the box" settings. The bike sounds much better then the stock pipes but still not quite there yet on the performance side. Any ideas to boost performance? Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Chopper

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just added the Cobra pipes and the DynoJet commander to MyFury with the "out of the box" settings. The bike sounds much better then the stock pipes but still not quite there yet on the performance side. Any ideas to boost performance? View attachment 1310 View attachment 1309
i have the same set up as u ,cobra pipes with dyno , but i added a spiked air filter intake an i feel my bike performs better, plus better on gas ,an a bit quicker too since i put my intake on ,not to mention it looks great, if ur looking for ur fury to really stand out i have the same red fury also ,an i added them engine covers that cover all them ugly grey spots an boy do they make my fury sparkle, , hope to have helped u out a bit , be safe

·
Registered
521 Posts
The local shop here put a set of Cobra Swepts on a new Fury and I must say, they do not sound like the typical Cobra pipes that I've heard in the past.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have the same set up.With the stock setting on the Power Commander we are not maximizing the performance of the bike so im adding the Auto Tune.You need to weld a bung into your pipes and it connects to the PC V it adjusts constantly adjusts as you ride.Its like having a dyno shop built into your bike.Got mine on Ebay for 219 bucks with free shipping.

·
Registered
175 Posts
See the S&S thread on Power Commander Tune Files...get an intake installed such as the S&S Super, then contact them for a custom fuel map. It will save you about $200 for custom dyno tuning, and seems really dialed in; not to mention it's specifically for the Cobra pipes anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
Better than stock and much better once the baffles are removed.

I have a 750 Shadow Ace Deluxe with HardKrome pipes. It sounds much better than the Cobra's and that is why I pulled the baffles.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The Cobra pipes are much louder than stock. I'm running the Cobra swepts with the S&S air cleaner, and the FI200. I will upgrade to the Power Commander V, and pull the Cobra baffels. S&S Dynoed that exact set up, and has the map available.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My last bike (my 1st cruiser) was a 04 Shadow with the short slash cut V. H. pipes with no baffels. I sold it to my son (19) and I already am put to shame when we ride together, just the sound, and I would hate to buy the Cobras and still have the old Shadow sounding meaner. I do plan to run the Cobras with no baffels too. I love my Fury, just want the sound to match the bad ass look of the bike. The Cobras look so good on the Fury!

·
Registered
36 Posts
See the S&S thread on Power Commander Tune Files...get an intake installed such as the S&S Super, then contact them for a custom fuel map. It will save you about $200 for custom dyno tuning, and seems really dialed in; not to mention it's specifically for the Cobra pipes anyway.

If you have the baffles in and OEM intake...the S&S map is identical to the map provided from Dynojet for a stock bike....

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you have the baffles in and OEM intake...the S&S map is identical to the map provided from Dynojet for a stock bike....
Maybe true...I had them send the map for unbaffled Cobras and the S&S Super intake; that map is definitely not stock. Kind of confused as to why their baffled Cobras and S&S intake tune would be exactly the same as the stock tune...can someone from S&S chime in on that?:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
I don't think that statement was correct. :confused:
The S & S air cleaner adds way more air than the stock air cleaner.

·
Registered
33 Posts
S&S sent me a map that was for the viper 2's and the S&S intake. I compared it to the stock map on power commanders website and it was the exact same. Anyone else ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think it must have been confusion on their part and maybe they sent the wrong tune file...like I said, the file they sent me was NOT stock and was for unbaffled exhaust and aftermarket intake.

Try contacting them again via the thread in the S&S section for another tune; I'm sure if you let them know that your tune is stock, they will send the correct one.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I have the cobra pipes WITH the baffles removed and the cobra tuner. I love the loud ass sound but I can't state much on performance yet since the bike is disassembled and they will have the spike filter on it after it is back together. I'll know more about performance then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts